Available on Google PlayApp Store

Forum: Have you been to Japan?

This may of been asked at one point, but I am genuinely curious about how many serious Japanese learners there are who have not yet been to Japan, like me!

So please comment with:

'yes' (I have been)

'no' (I still haven't)

'still am' (here).

I have not yet been (I am going in 2 months).
posted by Kimbo

Comments 394

• Kimbo
    Kimbo
    'no' xD
  • Makzeen
    Makzeen
    No
  • freakymrq
    freakymrq
    no
  • mog86uk
    mog86uk
    nope
  • ricardojp
    ricardojp
    No
  • bluwy
    bluwy
    No~~
  • konjibo
    konjibo
    no
  • GrimLight
    GrimLight
    no :3
  • VanillaQiwi
    VanillaQiwi
    No..
  • SuperSaiyan
    SuperSaiyan
    no, but someday
  • OathKeeper
    OathKeeper
    いいえ...
  • telozkope
    telozkope
    no but its coo
  • plays_rpgs
    plays_rpgs
    yes
  • Samuelirias
    Samuelirias
    no
  • JaoShin
    JaoShin
    first time in two weeks
  • Dante
    Dante
    no.
  • tereziKagamine
    tereziKagamine
    no
  • dominata365
    dominata365
    No but i will in 2 years
  • jerryluckow
    jerryluckow
    I have not, and have no plans to.
  • beee_17
    beee_17
    No :(
  • N0s_
    N0s_
    no
  • aw98
    aw98
    yes
  • washoku
    washoku
    @Kimbo You will truly understand the language and culture by living IN Japan. Videos, DVDS, CDs, websites, photos, books, e-books, etc. do not replace human-to-human interaction. I lived there for three straight months, and it is tough. Best of luck when you go to Japan. :)
  • Kimbo
    Kimbo
    I skype in Japanese for 1-2 hours a day usually, so I have some of the basics down. Although I do know I will learn much more Japanese actually being there :D for example, I don't exactly go to restaurants and order a meal on skype xD

I was surprised by the results! I thought at least 25% might of gone on vacation or homestay or something :o
  • Avarine
    Avarine
    no
  • Avarine
    Avarine
    question, do you talk to a friend or something, or do you talk to someone you met online? 'cuz I want to talk to someone like that, and I was wondering how you met them (if it was online)
  • piecesof
    piecesof
    I live here!
  • Kimbo
    Kimbo
    I met many friends from http www.conversationexchange.com! I recommended anyone who wants to make friends to use it. If you are planning to go to Japan, it's good to know a few people! Every time you log on, your profile goes to the top of the list, so the more you log, the more people will message you. Make sure to make a nice profile and also message other people!
  • SpearLouLi
    SpearLouLi
    yes
  • Tatsuo
    Tatsuo
    no
  • devacto
    devacto
    No
  • Poptart
    Poptart
    no
  • Avarine
    Avarine
    Thank you~ :)
  • ellichi26
    ellichi26
    no ..
  • kakka_rot
    kakka_rot
    If anyone is interested, it's not difficult to move here. I got my AA from a community college with only like a 2.7, and was able to get into a 外人大学 (Foreigner School) for relatively cheap. APU is about 50/50 Japanese and International students, with classes in both English and Japanese.

My only complaint is because you don't /need/ to speak Japanese, I've been learning slower than I would if it was mandatory. I think registration for Fall semester might be over by now, but if anyone is interested, you can shoot me a message.
  • Kimbo
    Kimbo
    A university?
  • calebbova
    calebbova
    Yes. Have lived in Hiroshima for 2 years and planning to stay for some time more :)
  • Kimbo
    Kimbo
    Nice. What do you study? A degree would be useful, but I don't have an extra 4 years to spare! :/
  • CyberZix
    CyberZix
    Nope, but I'm thinking of at least visiting it in the futuree~~!
    I'm just about to finish HS and then I'm about to go to college and man I'm so "itchy" to go to a japanese-learning college/university simply to just visit it(I heard there are exchanges at some point and you have the chance to visit it)
    But then, the problem is that I might remain without a job if I do it, so yeah...I'll have to think about something else. o,o
  • CyberZix
    CyberZix
    If I ever were to visit it, the very first thing I'll ever do is to check out the arcades...I saw that they are incredible out there.
    Then check out the sights and probably festivals(like to see the huge carriage at the fire festival...and taiko, I simply love Taiko).
    (About the arcades...I simply love games...what can I do? ;P)
  • jagscads
    jagscads
    no ~
  • Yuuzuki
    Yuuzuki
    Still am
  • SmartBaka
    SmartBaka
    Sadly, no :[
  • blackcat250
    blackcat250
    Yes! But I was still young so I don't remember much.
  • emily_c
    emily_c
    yep!!!!! all i want is to go back
  • oadissin
    oadissin
    いいえ
  • oadissin
    oadissin
    らいねん にほん へ いきます.
  • Xagito
    Xagito
    yes
  • Nahchan
    Nahchan
    Still am, life in japan is very tough. Make sure to save some money before coming here.
  • Takezuki
    Takezuki
    はい!
  • Noitrus
    Noitrus
    yes, I have been. ^^
  • Kant_Lernjap
    Kant_Lernjap
    No, and I don't think I would want to unless I had some Japanese friends there already or something. Being a gaijin is tough, especially if you aren't really good looking.
  • Takezuki
    Takezuki
    I don't think so Kant, japanese are one of the kindest and helpful people that I have ever met :D.
    It's a beautiful and fascinating country you should visit it once :)
  • Kant_Lernjap
    Kant_Lernjap
    I don't know, I was under the impression that no matter how friendly they are with you, they still see you as an outsider. A native once said that he thinks foreigners are ok, but when they stay in Japan too long they're like bad food in your stomach. He wasn't one of the blatant xenophobes either. I guess visiting for a week or two would be nice when I'm competent enough in the language, but no longer than that and no sooner than that for me. Unless I have connections that live there by that time.
  • Takezuki
    Takezuki
    Oh I see, so that was a point of view that you get from a native~ well I understand you're opinion about the longterm but I think that he said that because he might be afraid that foreigners that come to live in Japan, don't follow the system, and are not enough disciplined (towards rules). It's just a question about respect, being respectful about the country where you are, simple as that.
    It's also about you, to come and be open-minded without thinking that all of their "kind/helpful" manners (that are just inside their culture, that's just how they are used to be) are just useless/without true intentions (a form of "hypocrisy").
    It's still just my point of view ^_^.
  • Takezuki
    Takezuki
    respectful about the culture of the country*
  • Kant_Lernjap
    Kant_Lernjap
    I think it was more about their desire not to lose their culture. America turned itself into a melting pot/stew and, while we still have "culture", it's not very interesting compared to other places. I agree that not taking off your shoes is part of the problem though.
  • Takezuki
    Takezuki
    Well for America (the United States), it's another thing it's sure it's a melting pot due to the origins and the history of the country. But this particularity is one of the pillars of their culture.
    And yeah, I think the same about "keeping the identity/the culture of the country" it must be something that they are afraid of, but we will back on the idea of respect.
  • mushroom
    mushroom
    いいえ
  • click
    click
    You'll always be seen as a non-Japanese because you aren't one. That's just the way it is. People who don't like you because you're a foreigner exist, but they are very rare. More likely it's people who are unsure of your behaviours because they've encountered foreigners that come here and do weird things.
  • juri1509
    juri1509
    Yes..
  • CafeKairu
    CafeKairu
    I live in Japan. Not a bad place to live. Good food, good people, nice sights. Language is tough, and sure there are a few who don't like foreigners. But, is it any different than Americans saying that immigrants must speak English and act American? Anyway, show that you can act like a Japanese and you will be fine. It will get you places.
  • Sakura_Fujiko
    Sakura_Fujiko
    Yes
  • KenjiSama
    KenjiSama
    next year in the summer :D

I CAN"T WAIT!!!!!!
  • Danoram
    Danoram
    Yes
  • KillerCars
    KillerCars
    Yes - twice this year. Not good for the bank balance...
  • mamesushi
    mamesushi
    No, not yet, maybe next year or so.
  • m1413623758
    m1413623758
    no
  • totoroxoxo
    totoroxoxo
    yes I went during the summer!
  • DarkHellSpawn
    DarkHellSpawn
    Yup, once. For 3 weeks. Joined the Youth Friendship Programme. Best.Trip.Ever
  • DeadWitness
    DeadWitness
    A whole year. It was too early for me, I should have waited a year or two more. At least I learned how to behave better than I would in any book.
  • RoVee
    RoVee
    yes
  • KumikoKumaa
    KumikoKumaa
    no, maybe in the summer!
  • dpi209
    dpi209
    yes
  • black_cat
    black_cat
    yes. 3 times.
  • Baky
    Baky
    Wow surprised to see so many learning the language but haven't been or aren't currently living there o_o
  • Nebulahime14
    Nebulahime14
    I'm going next year over the summer, but I'm looking at the N3 test sometime this year. It all depends on what decides to pop up after this semester.
  • Wonderland
    Wonderland
    Yes!
  • jc89
    jc89
    Yes
  • Lies
    Lies
    No
  • dominata365
    dominata365
    lol just saw this post again and I did actually go this year
  • IsseiTakashi
    IsseiTakashi
    I haven't been but I have a trip planed with a couple of friends
  • Taralee
    Taralee
    I have been, It was great, I stayed in Tokyo with a friend and her family. Just always be polite and you will have a great time!! Remember manners ie Itadakimasu, arigatou etc I can't wait to go back :D
  • papacheeen
    papacheeen
    I have been and now im migrating. Language barrier is hard to deal with thats why im here.
  • Jkedj913
    Jkedj913
    Yes been there
  • davidjerb
    davidjerb
    no
  • dontemoe
    dontemoe
    i plan on moving there for a year or two once i become fluent
  • Kimbo
    Kimbo
    I made this so long ago, and here it is still going! Been here over a year now.
  • dontemoe
    dontemoe
    lol, i just noticed
  • hasumi
    hasumi
    no:((
  • A3agnos
    A3agnos
    Wow, someone really digged deep down in the feeds xD
    And the answer for me is "no".
  • MintyHippo
    MintyHippo
    @Kimbo no kidding lol, almost a year an a half old and still going ><

I think quite a few people that posted originally can change their answer to yes now as well. Yes for me.
  • Kimbo
    Kimbo
    Well when I first made it, I was surprised by how many had never even been to Japan (including me), but it seems everyone is slowly changing their answer now :P wooo go Japan!
  • freakymrq
    freakymrq
    Still a no but that will change in a few weeks :D
  • beee_17
    beee_17
    一年半が経ったけど、俺はまだ行ったことない :(
  • RovkirHexus
    RovkirHexus
    No, but I found a really cheap language school in Japan. I'm hoping to go to it within the next few years.
  • Arachkid
    Arachkid
    Yes, just got my permanent resident visa on Friday (永住者), which means no more visits to the immigration office until 2022 to renew the card, and no more stupid applications! Yes! Well, unless I ever intend to actually take Japanese citizenship, but I doubt that'll happen unless they make it so you can have two citizenships at once.
  • beeant
    beeant
    Oh that's really nice Archkid! Congratulations! How long have you stayed in Japan?
  • Arachkid
    Arachkid
    Just over 5 years. Yeah, it's a nice change, especially since immigration center visits always take so long. Even when I got the perm, I went in, took out the number from the machine, 2 away from being called, not bad, huh... oh, an hour wait. :P Then half an hour after them taking my paperwork to prepare the card. So happy for 7 years free of that! Of course... yesterday my my number (ugh) arrived.
  • beeant
    beeant
    That's nice! I've stayed here for more than 8 years and I only got 1 year visa.. I got 3 years visa before, but now only 1 year, maybe because I quit my job as a company worker, and at the moment my income is not as much?
  • mog86uk
    mog86uk
    freakymrq!! Have a good time in Japan. You'll be there over christmas and new years? ^^

Congrats Arachkid too. I thought you already had it, as I thought you can get it sooner than 5 years when you are married to a Japanese national. Must be very nice finally having that.
  • Arachkid
    Arachkid
    5 years is the earliest you can get it for being married to a Japanese national - if you are not, it's a 10 year wait.
  • beeant
    beeant
    Oh.. I thought if you're married to a Japanese, you can get it right away.

So I have to wait for about another 2 years..

I got マイナンバー yesterday, still not so sure what that is though..
  • Arachkid
    Arachkid
    Basically a social security number. That will be tied into most everything about you everywhere, that you should never show to anyone. But your employer wants it right away, and the number of any of your dependents. But hey, since it's the Japanese government, that information could never ever possibly be hacked. Garbage. :P
  • beeant
    beeant
    Oh I see! thank you! So it's a sensitive information. I was about show it to my Japanese friend and ask what it is in more detail. haha
  • Arachkid
    Arachkid
    Well, if you trust them, I suppose. Just remember with that number, and access to the right systems, they would know everything about you that the government knows. How much you make, your medical history, anything.
  • freakymrq
    freakymrq
    @Mog86uk ひさしぶり! I'll be around from the 15th to the 23rd in the Tokyo area with my father and cousin. Should be fun ^_^
  • calvin_0
    calvin_0
    'yes' (I have been)

i'm planing another trip next year, if nothing bad happen...
  • robface
    robface
    'no' (I still haven't)
  • Nihoshi
    Nihoshi
    'no'
  • Oskaasan
    Oskaasan
    yes, I go so much I don't have time to learn Nihongo very well.
  • nishitani
    nishitani
    うん、二回行ったことある!
  • MichaelSJ
    MichaelSJ
    No I haven't
  • revex
    revex
    I've been twice! So much fun, and handy to speak the language.
  • jazzaly
    jazzaly
    i have a goal to ride something there because i have always dreamed to go
  • Rosana777
    Rosana777
    私は二年位東京に住んでいたよ
  • jazzaly
    jazzaly
    aw i want to say it in japanese but my computer wont let me
  • dragonii
    dragonii
    No, I have not gone. :T I would love to go but I cannot at this moment of time.
  • famichip
    famichip
    行ったことがあります!
  • KumikoKumaa
    KumikoKumaa
    no (T ^ T)
  • synasia
    synasia
    no :(
  • Jadore_Violet
    Jadore_Violet
    no
  • BillCi
    BillCi
    No
  • WingedLama
    WingedLama
    Still am
  • Maddx_Etsuko
    Maddx_Etsuko
    nope
  • emmyrock002
    emmyrock002
    nope -.- sadly
  • AyoubDesu
    AyoubDesu
    No, not yet. I'll go to Japan in May.
  • senshin
    senshin
    Yes. Studying abroad/going there and staying for long periods of time is the best if you ask me. The problem is getting the お金 for it.. :')
  • tangerine10
    tangerine10
    no
  • Orval90
    Orval90
    No, but maybe eventually I'll visit or even stay.
    Maybe.
  • Michimichi
    Michimichi
    No
  • CeeKay
    CeeKay
    no
  • Orval90
    Orval90
    no
  • Yuelit
    Yuelit
    no
  • JohnjohLeon
    JohnjohLeon
    No
  • JohnGreen
    JohnGreen
    No
  • RyoBakura
    RyoBakura
    no
  • Sinnzou
    Sinnzou
    No
  • Naotokun
    Naotokun
    no
  • nknikki
    nknikki
    I have not been (going in 5 months)
  • LizE
    LizE
    Yes
  • GreenyNeko
    GreenyNeko
    no (but really really want to... gimme the money v.v)
  • 1223nicole
    1223nicole
    I haven't went, still too young. u_u
  • Yunkun
    Yunkun
    yes
  • nitebaby
    nitebaby
    no
  • amivie
    amivie
    no T__T
  • RankaLee
    RankaLee
    no
  • jihanannisa
    jihanannisa
    No
  • Skygirl4
    Skygirl4
    No.
  • theglyphs
    theglyphs
    Yes! I live in Japan and teach English!
  • theglyphs
    theglyphs
    So 'still am', yeah.
  • kxohyeah
    kxohyeah
    no :(
  • Xenocidal
    Xenocidal
    I haven't, though I'm going to live there one day. That's why I'm learning the language.
  • Bagel
    Bagel
    Not yet, i'm gonna go there as foreign exchange student in my junior year but during this summer i'm going to a university called Cornel to study in a immersion program for young Japanese learners for 6 weeks
  • niina
    niina
    Hopefully next year as an exchange student :)
  • SCHOTM
    SCHOTM
    I planing to go in March 2017
  • micheruuuu
    micheruuuu
    I've lived there as an international student. I loved it!
  • Igriel
    Igriel
    Yes and hope to live there in future
  • UchihaItachi
    UchihaItachi
    Have not been. I'm selling away all my expensive goods, so that I can travel this summer. Maybe not before next summer though.
    I do plan on studying watchmaking in Japan in about 5-6 years time, which is one of the reasons I'm learing Japanese now.
  • Sunlark
    Sunlark
    Yes, but before I began to learn Japanese.
  • Aarowaim
    Aarowaim
    yes
  • Aarowaim
    Aarowaim
    *I mean, no (responded in affirmative to having never been)
  • yunihin
    yunihin
    No, in shaa Allah in three years later :)
  • DragonR33UA
    DragonR33UA
    Yeah, I live here.
  • KuruNeko
    KuruNeko
    sadly no TwT
  • Carrots
    Carrots
    I'm going in March 2017 for a full year~
  • ChocolaBB
    ChocolaBB
    no. i go this summer
  • JohnGreen
    JohnGreen
    Going in August for 2 weeks!
  • katsuro90
    katsuro90
    I used to live in japan
  • Exby
    Exby
    No. Planning to go before my graduation ceremony. Hehe
  • Beatrycze
    Beatrycze
    Yes, I have been there for last Christmas and New Year's Eve!
  • sutefuan
    sutefuan
    No, still haven't. But sometimes it feels like I've been in a previous life
  • ShrewdEmpath
    ShrewdEmpath
    No still haven't.Interestingly my brother who isn't a language learner has. Dont feel bad if circumstanxes don't allow
  • niina
    niina
    @Carrots Me too! Which program are you going with? I'm going with afs finland
  • CrazyRocking
    CrazyRocking
    sadly not :(
  • ChinatsuChan
    ChinatsuChan
    I have been there several times already.
  • khiem21
    khiem21
    No
  • TionCher
    TionCher
    no.
    Vacation?
  • Carrots
    Carrots
    @niina I'm going with YFU~ almost chose AFS as well, but my relatives have used YFU and highly recommended it :d
  • FawzyBxO
    FawzyBxO
    Nope. Someday I will
  • Paalensuki
    Paalensuki
    Iie, mada desu.
  • happyjw
    happyjw
    No
  • nairika
    nairika
    'no' (I still haven't) but it will always be in my heart wherever i may be
  • Makishima
    Makishima
    Yes, but i started before going. I thought reading subtitles while watching anime is too tedious so i started learning and haven't stopped since.
  • thebigofan
    thebigofan
    I haven't been there yet. I hope I can soon!
  • AdrianaQuinn
    AdrianaQuinn
    I haven't been there yet either. Wish to go one day ^_^
  • Razernok
    Razernok
    I haven't been. I doubt that I'll be able to ever afford it since it cost something like $4000 to go.
  • StarryRoses
    StarryRoses
    I haven't been there either. I want to go there with my friend, hopefully during the sakura season in some years.
  • Eben
    Eben
    no
  • ManRay
    ManRay
    No, but I want to
  • jimjim_24
    jimjim_24
    No
  • GKG481216
    GKG481216
    No
  • GKG481216
    GKG481216
    No
  • GKG481216
    GKG481216
    No
  • PeterJKane
    PeterJKane
    yes
  • Ghosts
    Ghosts
    I want to go to Japan and Korea I am learning Japanese currently and next Hangul.
  • HyokoHime
    HyokoHime
    No, but I'm going in two years! >u< I can't wait!!!
  • wigglysquire
    wigglysquire
    still am (just got here though)
  • Waldo14
    Waldo14
    nope
  • KuraiHiruyay
    KuraiHiruyay
    No, but it is a goal to visit at least.
  • AikaCoonCat
    AikaCoonCat
    No but my bf and I are going in a couple years
  • nairika
    nairika
    'no' (I still haven't)
  • hikkisama
    hikkisama
    No. I hope few years from now it could happen. Nice to meet you all. Yoroshiku
  • chenxingshan
    chenxingshan
    Yes. It was really a wonderful experience!
  • monrover48
    monrover48
    I live here.
  • Dani1201
    Dani1201
    no
  • Maryana
    Maryana
    no, i haven't. i hope someday, i'll be there. amin
  • kariohki
    kariohki
    no, not yet, will go once i can get enough time off and money
  • siaales
    siaales
    Not yet
  • Jojofalcon
    Jojofalcon
    yes
  • Jojofalcon
    Jojofalcon
    still am
    yes
  • Shaavin
    Shaavin
    No
  • Anshim
    Anshim
    no
  • MG0310
    MG0310
    No, but I'm planning to do so via study abroad in college
  • KawaiiNeko10
    KawaiiNeko10
    no
  • ZyKizumi16
    ZyKizumi16
    I'm here. Studying.
  • nimkins
    nimkins
    No, but planning to study abroad next summer.
  • Joker12332
    Joker12332
    いいえ
  • Joker12332
    Joker12332
    Plan on going after college
  • _NEKU
    _NEKU
    just started learning today I'm gonna go to japan during the olympics so my goal is to be fluent by that time. i think 4 years is enough time :)
  • sid1968
    sid1968
    I've just got back from japan did Osaka as well as Tokyo...need to get back there asap
  • Acidron
    Acidron
    @Kimbo: haven't visited Japan (yet)
    @sid1968: which city did you like more, Osaka or Tokyo? would love to hear about your experiences, if you'd like to share (if not, that's fine too):)
  • sid1968
    sid1968
    Cool both cities are ace but i think ill do longer in Osaka next visit. Has a real vibe about it and i stayed 5 mins walk from Dotonbori such a great place so many things to do and see and so many people out and about...that's where my profile pic was taken holding my new found friend the lizard with his own ruck sack lol .. google Dotonbori its not just Tokyo that's happening
  • Raiz
    Raiz
    I have been in Japan for 3 years, yet my Japanese skill is so poor
  • Scripteladora
    Scripteladora
    Lived in Japan for about a year and a half.
  • RLloyd
    RLloyd
    日本にことがありません
  • drewleann
    drewleann
    yes
  • Hutreb
    Hutreb
    no (T_T)
  • FelliVox
    FelliVox
    The comment above me is spam, don't click it.
  • FelliVox
    FelliVox
    The comment above is spam too. WTF is going on...
  • MrToicinho
    MrToicinho
    Yes, I am here in Japan. I came from Brazil. :-)
  • Matto33
    Matto33
    Yes
  • PanPoi
    PanPoi
    No
  • JamesG
    JamesG
    No
  • GeoOps
    GeoOps
    I was for one Month in japan.
  • zanzaboonda
    zanzaboonda
    Yes (just went!)
  • shinjo
    shinjo
    no
  • miadesu
    miadesu
    No
  • AnaPaulafb
    AnaPaulafb
    no
  • razzy
    razzy
    I want to take a N3 minimum
  • Annachan
    Annachan
    No.
  • Tirto
    Tirto
    No
  • thinzar
    thinzar
    No
  • flearal
    flearal
    No
  • Ichiru
    Ichiru
    yes! :D
  • gekaris
    gekaris
    no
  • Triangle
    Triangle
    No
  • sheree
    sheree
    still am (Hiroshima)
  • anon01ran
    anon01ran
    yes ^^
  • RovkirHexus
    RovkirHexus
    I have been accepted into the Labo program for this summer, so I'll be there from July 13th to August 10th. If I can raise enough money.
  • AnaPaulafb
    AnaPaulafb
    no :/
  • dyoanne
    dyoanne
    yes. i spent a week in japan
  • vgm247
    vgm247
    no (I'm hoping to change that in a year or so though)
  • mirandalad
    mirandalad
    i plan to learn japanese without ever setting foot in japan. i don't know if this is possible.

north koreans are able to learn english without ever speaking to a westerner. if that is the case, then i should be able to learn japanese without ever setting foot in japan. i plan to learn via japanese media (jpop, jdramas, anime, japanese youtubers, ect, grammar textbooks, and manga.

i want to learn japanese not necessarily to socialize, but to browse the japanese internet, read japanese books and watch japanese tv.
  • mirandalad
    mirandalad
    it's probably more difficult to learn japanese without ever socializing in japanese
  • calvin_0
    calvin_0
    i'm able to learn english without speaking to well westerner... so your should able to pick up japanese without going to japan... interacting with native speakers just speed up the leaning process as your get more hands on practice.. you can also get similar practice by watching japanese show, if you can understand a japanese show without subtitle, your japanese should be acceptable.
  • nihongoheeb
    nihongoheeb
    I have not, but at the end of March I will got for the first time.
  • lordfulger
    lordfulger
    I will study abroad there in possibly 2/3 years.
  • calvin_0
    calvin_0
    how do you report a bot?
  • chino_sleep
    chino_sleep
    yes!
  • shiro_hebi
    shiro_hebi
    no
  • LividPantsu
    LividPantsu
    No
  • mozeni2
    mozeni2
    Nope. Just stubborn in that I chose Japanese as my binary. After experimenting with others I've come to the conclusion nihongo is the hardest. And of course I'm into anime.
  • Sergey
    Sergey
    Live here.
  • serbeena
    serbeena
    no
  • robface
    robface
    how do i stop receiving these notifications?
  • Danoram
    Danoram
    Click on 'Account settings' (the cog on the navbar) -> 'Subscriptions' -> uncheck 'Comments'
  • robface
    robface
    Thanks anyway; unchecking the 'comments' box did not work. I also see no way of deleting my account here or any way of contacting administrators.
  • hoodedice
    hoodedice
    no
  • akigadaiski
    akigadaiski
    no i haven´t, but even if i never can go, this is just something that worth in my life.
  • Hadez100
    Hadez100
    i haven't been to japan its on my bucket list but i've been interested in japanese speaking and japan since i was a kid so i wanted to learn
  • Danoram
    Danoram
    Sorry robface. Should have worked in theory. seems like really poor decisions by the developer(s) :/
  • quebeclibre
    quebeclibre
    I'm currently in Japan
  • aokiharu
    aokiharu
    No..actually I am the only one in my family that still haven't
  • azza3695
    azza3695
    いいえ
  • Hielke001
    Hielke001
    I still haven't been but iam only 15 >.<
  • Lara28
    Lara28
    I had, its great, spent 40 days and planning in going back next year.
    Amazing culture.
  • EliteXrocker
    EliteXrocker
    I have been twice :) First time for 5 weeks just travelling and second time for 2 weeks going to a language school :) And going back in 2020 :)
  • Hielke001
    Hielke001
    Wow how was the language school?
  • EliteXrocker
    EliteXrocker
    It was really cool :) There were lots of people from different countries :) And the school gives you a verbal test so they know which class to put you in depending on your level :) So it doesn't matter if you know hiragana or kanji or have a small vocabulary :) There is room for everyone :) And you can have japanese cooking and calligraphy or Manga if you want as well :) It was really cool :)
  • snowflake_35
    snowflake_35
    nope:(
  • GraceCat
    GraceCat
    No but hopefully one day
  • huyhoang
    huyhoang
    yes
  • Kamil_R
    Kamil_R
    no
  • dominata365
    dominata365
    yes
  • Hielke001
    Hielke001
    Wow that sounds amazing @EliteXrocker . I thought that you had to be really good in Japanese already if you wanted to go there. Cool.
  • dpi209
    dpi209
    I'll be in 東京 during 秋場所
  • Patrick001
    Patrick001
    still am
  • Julieta22
    Julieta22
    I have not been there yet. I'm going in two months too!:)
  • vickiamour
    vickiamour
    No
  • ZozV
    ZozV
    No :/
  • Pepperisk
    Pepperisk
    nope. planning to though.
  • Arc1297
    Arc1297
    yes i have been great place
  • Khulood
    Khulood
    No..still haven't
  • WolfTyla
    WolfTyla
    just no ._.
  • masadya
    masadya
    No. But i will :D ganbatte!
  • ayunii
    ayunii
    i have not been yet. soon i hope. :D
  • Sadz
    Sadz
    Not yet. Hope to go soon.
  • pandaboh
    pandaboh
    Yes, this year for the first time!
    Two wonderful weeks!
  • doriMoo
    doriMoo
    yes, in 2015.
  • zeto
    zeto
    Yes I have been for 3 months. It was ok.
  • TaigaChan97
    TaigaChan97
    No, but hopefully next summer
  • RMAlkuwari
    RMAlkuwari
    Not yet but soon
    hopefully in April 2018
  • LCrosszeria
    LCrosszeria
    No, but my goal is to save up enough money to go on a vacation in Japan. I want to see and learn as much as possible while I'm there. And of course, I want to get my hands on some physical copies of rare manga that are hard to find anywhere online. Oh, and I'm really looking forward to the food there *-*
  • Hielke001
    Hielke001
    No I haven't been to Japan yet. But my goal is to learn alot of Japanese before I go. I am really looking forward to explore Japan and explore the city's as well as the countryside. I hope I will meet alot of interesting and nice people along the way.
  • holls
    holls
    nope
  • Yoshipon
    Yoshipon
    Still haven't but hope I will be able to soon. Gotta practice my japanese really hard until then! (๑•̀ㅂ•́)و
  • IJamLegend
    IJamLegend
    haven't been. when i do i'd like to stay though. some people think that's dumb but i really don't like my own country.
  • Scarlette
    Scarlette
    No i haven't been but i really want to go
  • AndreaM
    AndreaM
    Yes (went to language school there and going again next year)
  • Ag12x
    Ag12x
    @sakaratt Thank you for your great and marvelous contribution to the whole discussion. My way of thinking has completely changed. Do you maybe have some more links for us?
  • miharusshi
    miharusshi
    @Ag12x: If only I could like your commend a thousand times...
  • AkiroSan
    AkiroSan
    Yes - twice ^_^
  • LunaBear95
    LunaBear95
    No
  • ChrissyAtSea
    ChrissyAtSea
    no! But we all should go one day.
  • obsessed_fb
    obsessed_fb
    no =(
  • Blackened
    Blackened
    no
  • Shadoevines
    Shadoevines
    no.. (but i want to *sobs*)
  • deadmo
    deadmo
    yes! lived there for 4 years! its a cool place for sure, definite culture shock at first. But i lived in a countryside so im sure a first time being somewhere like osaka or tokyo will be crazier.
  • chris_101
    chris_101
    いいえ

But I might try to go there next year during the fall.
  • RovkirHexus
    RovkirHexus
    I did last summer with Labo. That was a lot of fun.
  • Tenagazaru
    Tenagazaru
    'no'
  • phamle12
    phamle12
    no
  • MintyHippo
    MintyHippo
    yes, it's a great time
  • Affendoktor
    Affendoktor
    yes
  • Freya_rose
    Freya_rose
    No :(
  • ajxoul
    ajxoul
    No
  • Jantowerer
    Jantowerer
    still am
  • studentduo
    studentduo
    I have not yet been
  • BulatRR
    BulatRR
    I have not been in Japan and it's my dream...
  • Leaxion
    Leaxion
    no, but i'm going in december!
  • Mythic
    Mythic
    I haven't been, but I wanna go one day. Add me as friend?
  • enlasnubes
    enlasnubes
    yes!
  • Jun93
    Jun93
    yes
  • jayneen
    jayneen
    No, I still haven't.
  • YakumoFuji
    YakumoFuji
    Yes
    2000-2004,2008
  • CarminePe
    CarminePe
    I've been 3 times to Japan and cannot wait to go on a 4th time :) I am sure you will love it. https://es.hotelnights.com/hoteles-playa
  • kyuudou
    kyuudou
    Yes - born there on US base, lived 2 years then grew up in US. Returned last year. Not even JPLT N5 yet ;_;
  • Bokoyume
    Bokoyume
    living, but struggling
  • TK7600
    TK7600
    No
    いいえ
  • MixMkv
    MixMkv
    here, nice place
  • DarwinE
    DarwinE
    Yes and currently am. Luckily I knew someone here who let me live in his family's house. Really nice people here overall but yeah the language is hard. But definitely want to live here one day. Some hard work in front of me but that is totally worth it
  • crazed4now
    crazed4now
    Still am! Been here for 4 years. I work as a teacher. Used to be at an international preschool, switched to an eikaiwa because I was getting too stressed out at my old job. More time to study now. ^_^
  • venchan
    venchan
    no :((
  • EgaSei
    EgaSei
    no:')
  • sofiestark
    sofiestark
    yes but i've been on this site before i went there
  • aizome
    aizome
    still am!
  • IMPunk
  • EvilDemon67
    EvilDemon67
    No, but I wish I could!
  • Java
    Java
    Not yet. But I wish one day I could!
  • Rebjan28
    Rebjan28
    Still am
  • Summer1991
    Summer1991
    Yes, I travel to Japan last month with my friends and took lots of street hanfu photos. Japan is so beautiful and people are so good.
    https://www.newhanfu.com/wearing-as-an-angel-chinese-hanfu-in-japan.html
  • fukuoka
    fukuoka
  • PhillipAl
    PhillipAl
    Hi there
  • rheannon
    rheannon
    いえ。でもがんばります。
  • SkyeChain
    SkyeChain
    yes
  • serenecave
    serenecave
    no
  • aratanal
    aratanal
    心霊現象の相談?http://www.area0.jp/
  • PalaeoJoe
    PalaeoJoe
    No sir
  • JACKBOSMA
    JACKBOSMA
    I am an English teacher.
  • situspokerqq
    situspokerqq
    Bandar merupakan yang mengelola permainan poker online, dengan semakin banyaknya orang yang gemar akan permainan poker semakin banyak pula bandar baru bermunculan. Daftar bandar poker akan membantu anda menemukan bandar-bandar terpercaya yang bisa dijadikan sebagai tempat bermain taruhan yang aman dan nyaman. Tidak bisa dipungkiri bahwa pemain di Indonesia sangat senang dengan sebuah permainan yang bisa memberikan untung. Sedangkan bermain taruhan di Indonesia dilarang, maka bermain secara online di pilih oleh para pemain supaya resikonya lebih kecil.

<a href="http://51.79.170.38/">situs poker online</a>
  • Julianep
    Julianep
    Yes
  • Faeriez
    Faeriez
    I still am in Japan. I've been here for over two years now.
  • Ddraig
    Ddraig
    No
  • Arlette
    Arlette
    Yes
  • pipio_vio
    pipio_vio
    no
  • JACKBOSMA
    JACKBOSMA
    https://www.webtalk.co/6921596 Great activity on the platform! I appreciate the questions and comments!
    Join us and practice language skills!
  • Julianep
    Julianep
    Yes
  • Elena_W20
    Elena_W20
    Yes
  • KairiMiyu
    KairiMiyu
    Yes
  • SoniaRoytman
    SoniaRoytman
    yes
  • rickysun
    rickysun
    yes
  • KitsuneMagic
    KitsuneMagic
    Yes
  • torpes
    torpes
    no
  • AkaiAx
    AkaiAx
    no
  • AxeEcliptica
    AxeEcliptica
    no ;-;
  • Faizyrooma4
    Faizyrooma4
    no
  • rizurper
    rizurper
    no
  • Noy16
    Noy16
    no
  • jha001
    jha001
    いえ。でも、日本に行きたいです。
  • Jomann
    Jomann
    no
  • Captn4wesome
    Captn4wesome
    いいえ, haven't been there yet
  • KitsuneMagic
    KitsuneMagic
    I answered 'yes' back in July, and now everytime someone adds a comment, I get a notification as if it was me that asked the 'been to Japan?' question.
    Does everyone get this?
  • kyuudou
    kyuudou
    KitsuneMagic, yes and I've looked for a way to tune it down so I can still get other messages but I don't even see a way to turn off email notifications!
  • zeto
    zeto
    notifs for everyone! 🤣
  • adrian_ac2
    adrian_ac2
    yes
  • Kuteku
    Kuteku
    no
  • migs0312
    migs0312
    No T_T