Available on Google PlayApp Store

New technical problem (>_

I'm so sorry to be a troublemaker...

I've been trying to respond to your reply to my post about trouble with the "practice" area:

"Thanks for the reply! I hadn't paid attention to the drop-down menu until I had the problem, so I didn't realize that part was normal.

Today it's different - after answering just one question, the question area goes blank and I have to refresh the page to get a new question (and update my score).

Not a huge issue, and I'm still enjoying the site and working on my Japanese vocabulary."

But when I hit "submit" I get the following message:

"Could not insert data because You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 't paid attention to the drop-down menu until I had the problem, so I didn't real' at line 1"

I...have no idea what that means...other than it's an error message. (T_T)
posted by TofuQueen

Comments 16

• beeant
    beeant
    Hello,

First of all, thanks for enjoying this site, it makes me happy.

You are not a trouble maker.
    Actually it is good for me to receive any error report.

I think your problem was because yesterday, I was updating the site.
    Are you still having this kind of problem? you have to refresh the page because the page goes blank?

Which submit button did you press and receive that message?
    Are you still having the same problem?

if you are still having the same problem of any of those, please tell me.

Thank You,
    JCJP
  • TofuQueen
    TofuQueen
    Hi again,

The problem with the "practice" area is still the same; after answering one question the question area still goes blank (the rest of the page is still there) and I have to refresh the page to update my score and get a new question.

The other problem happened when I was trying to reply to your post in the other thread, which is why I had to start another new thread. (^_^)
  • beeant
    beeant
    Hello,

I am not sure with the problem in the practice area.
    I tried to answer questions in the practice area, and it works just fine...
    Also, I dont really know if some people are having similar problem, but currently, only you reported this problem.

How about some settings in your browser? try to delete your cookies, web history and other stuffs...
    Are you using the latest version of Mozilla Firefox?
    you can check your version with http://www.getfirefox.com

Thank You,
    JCJP
  • fuonk
    fuonk
    I got the same message when trying to submit a reply to another posting here. The SQL server is apparently being confused by any apostrophe or quotation mark in a string submitted as a reply.
  • TofuQueen
    TofuQueen
    The problem is now officially a problem with my firewall. (>_<)

The site works fine at another computer (my step-dad was impressed by the site, btw, and may be joining).

When I turn off my firewall, the site works fine...

I would prefer not to leave my firewall off, but I do not know what settings I need to change to allow the site to work properly. Any ideas??

And thanks again for making & maintaining this site, it is a lot of fun & helps keep me going on learning Japanese. (^_^)/

(Edit - had to rewrite and remove all apostrophes before this would post properly...)
  • TofuQueen
    TofuQueen
    HEY I got it fixed!!! My firewall was definitely the problem, and it now seems to be solved. (^_____^)

I had to turn off "web filtering" for my firewall (changing settings for ad blocking, pop-ups, etc. did not help), and now the site works perfectly again, hooray!
  • beeant
    beeant
    Thanks for re-explaining the problem, fuonk.
    if this post is posted that means the problem has been fixed. ''''''''''''''''''''''''

Thanks for the positive feedback TofuQueen. I am trying to make this site better. Any suggestions? about layout, features, content, etc.
    Thanks for showing this site to your dad as well :D

Good luck on your Japanese Learning! and do not get bored easily. (I think some people get bored of this website quickly, maybe because not enough content or boring layout?)
  • Darknaviexe
    Darknaviexe
    Did you say any suggestions? I will not be able to post for a few days,
    but when I do, I just need to be sure any suggestions will be allowed... (I know some of you out there will be quick to turn down almost anything you see fit!...)
  • Darknaviexe
    Darknaviexe
    Before I forget, I just noticed something: I post in my own forum thread, and I get a notification: "Darknaviexe posted in your note post" or something similar... Of course I know I posted! My forum thread! Obvious!! Is there a probability you can get notifications about forum posts from others, but not yourself?...
  • beeant
    beeant
    I am sorry for this problem.
    Actually it happens everywhere, such as when you commented on your photo, tag a vocabulary on your photo.
    I knew this proble but, I forgot to fix it.
    I will fix that soon.

Thanks for the reminder.
  • Darknaviexe
    Darknaviexe
    Only one other bug I found: When I try to place a profile picture smaller than what I am using now, it gives me 5-10 lines or statements worth of telling me it will not work...
  • beeant
    beeant
    are you sure that it is a jpg image?
  • Darknaviexe
    Darknaviexe
    Image (Megaman.exe symbol) = GIF. Does it only accept Jpg images?
    (I noticed twitter buttons appeared. Does this site have a twitter itself?...)
    (Sorry for the questions, I have quite a few... At your order, I will send you mail or use another method of communication...)
  • beeant
    beeant
    I haven't create official twitter account for this site,
    I dont know what to use with it... do you have any suggestion?
    but you can follow my twitter, I dont really update my twitter though...

http://twitter.com/biant87
  • Darknaviexe
    Darknaviexe
    I suspect it could be used for quick updates at quick intervals, or multiple updates at once at longer intervals... I, too, have a twitter account, and will notify you in mail, if probable, or regular twitter updates themselves... Those Twitter buttons seem like a great start, though...
  • Darknaviexe
    Darknaviexe
    I suspect it could be used for quick updates at quick intervals, or multiple updates at once at longer intervals... I, too, have a twitter account, and will notify you in mail, if probable, or regular twitter updates themselves... Those Twitter buttons seem like a great start, though...
TofuQueen