Available on Google PlayApp Store

The Best Japanese Input App For Android Smartphone

I think the best japanese characters input app is Google Japanese Input and Shimeji, you can install in your play store app, just search "Google Japanese Input" or "Shimeji"^^. And how to setting this app, you can read here : http://japaneselearningonline.blogspot.com/2015/05/google-japanese-input-android.html

and you? what app that you use to write Japanese characters in your device? please, tell me^^
posted by rizu

Comments 4

• Arachkid
    Arachkid
    I don't even know if something like this is available for Android smartphones as... well, I don't have one, but the native Japanese input option for iOS devices is awesome. It's what the Japanese use, and it requires you to actually type in Japanese as opposed to crippling yourself with romaji. I have a Kindle Fire (not paying for a smartphone plan since, in Japan at least, it's cheaper to just rent a portable wifi router), and the Japanese input for that is horrible, it's the one thing I wish would be just like Apple's offering (I hate iOS stuff for the most part, this is the one thing that needs to be available on everything, of course English typing on iOS stuff is crap).
  • Koukyoshi
    Koukyoshi
    I don't know much about Fire OS, but you can use the kana keyboard, also known as flick keyboard, on both iOS and Android. It's just a matter of going into settings. Though, I've seen many Japanese people use romaji input. I used to use romaji input when I first came here, but I quickly noticed how ineffective it was for me.

An unrelated question... Is there a cap you can't go past using the portable WiFi, or is it unlimited data use?

I use Simeji on iOS and use Google's IME on Android.
  • Arachkid
    Arachkid
    Eh? I've never seen a Japanese person use romaji input when they had a choice. Do you live in Tokyo, perchance? There's no cap on my wifi.
  • Koukyoshi
    Koukyoshi
    No, I live in Tochigi, not too far from you. It's definitely not the norm, but there are those who do use it.
rizu

Other Threads by rizu