Forum: Have you been to Japan?
This may of been asked at one point, but I am genuinely curious about how many serious Japanese learners there are who have not yet been to Japan, like me!
So please comment with:
'yes' (I have been)
'no' (I still haven't)
'still am' (here).
I have not yet been (I am going in 2 months).
So please comment with:
'yes' (I have been)
'no' (I still haven't)
'still am' (here).
I have not yet been (I am going in 2 months).
posted by Kimbo July 29, 2014 at 2:36am
- Kimbo July 29, 2014 at 2:37am'no' xD
- Makzeen July 29, 2014 at 2:49amNo
- freakymrq July 29, 2014 at 2:50amno
- mog86uk July 29, 2014 at 3:25amnope
- ricardojp July 29, 2014 at 3:30amNo
- bluwy July 29, 2014 at 4:00amNo~~
- konjibo July 29, 2014 at 4:34amno
- GrimLight July 29, 2014 at 5:22amno :3
- VanillaQiwi July 29, 2014 at 5:37amNo..
- SuperSaiyan July 29, 2014 at 6:03amno, but someday
- OathKeeper July 29, 2014 at 6:30amいいえ...
- telozkope July 29, 2014 at 6:37amno but its coo
- plays_rpgs July 29, 2014 at 7:56amyes
- Samuelirias July 29, 2014 at 8:00amno
- JaoShin July 29, 2014 at 9:02amfirst time in two weeks
- Dante July 29, 2014 at 9:39amno.
- tereziKagamine July 29, 2014 at 10:02amno
- dominata365 July 29, 2014 at 10:43amNo but i will in 2 years
- jerryluckow July 29, 2014 at 11:11amI have not, and have no plans to.
- beee_17 July 29, 2014 at 11:25amNo :(
- N0s_ July 29, 2014 at 1:08pmno
- aw98 July 29, 2014 at 3:08pmyes
- washoku July 30, 2014 at 2:06am@Kimbo You will truly understand the language and culture by living IN Japan. Videos, DVDS, CDs, websites, photos, books, e-books, etc. do not replace human-to-human interaction. I lived there for three straight months, and it is tough. Best of luck when you go to Japan. :)
- Kimbo July 30, 2014 at 4:17amI skype in Japanese for 1-2 hours a day usually, so I have some of the basics down. Although I do know I will learn much more Japanese actually being there :D for example, I don't exactly go to restaurants and order a meal on skype xD
I was surprised by the results! I thought at least 25% might of gone on vacation or homestay or something :o
- Avarine July 30, 2014 at 9:44amno
- Avarine July 30, 2014 at 9:46amquestion, do you talk to a friend or something, or do you talk to someone you met online? 'cuz I want to talk to someone like that, and I was wondering how you met them (if it was online)
- piecesof July 30, 2014 at 2:39pmI live here!
- Kimbo July 30, 2014 at 6:17pmI met many friends from http www.conversationexchange.com! I recommended anyone who wants to make friends to use it. If you are planning to go to Japan, it's good to know a few people! Every time you log on, your profile goes to the top of the list, so the more you log, the more people will message you. Make sure to make a nice profile and also message other people!
- SpearLouLi July 30, 2014 at 7:29pmyes
- Tatsuo July 31, 2014 at 8:15amno
- devacto July 31, 2014 at 10:03pmNo
- Poptart August 1, 2014 at 10:00amno
- Avarine August 1, 2014 at 11:27amThank you~ :)
- ellichi26 August 1, 2014 at 10:06pmno ..
- kakka_rot August 2, 2014 at 1:28amIf anyone is interested, it's not difficult to move here. I got my AA from a community college with only like a 2.7, and was able to get into a 外人大学 (Foreigner School) for relatively cheap. APU is about 50/50 Japanese and International students, with classes in both English and Japanese.
My only complaint is because you don't /need/ to speak Japanese, I've been learning slower than I would if it was mandatory. I think registration for Fall semester might be over by now, but if anyone is interested, you can shoot me a message.
- Kimbo August 2, 2014 at 6:18amA university?
- calebbova August 2, 2014 at 7:27pmYes. Have lived in Hiroshima for 2 years and planning to stay for some time more :)
- Kimbo August 2, 2014 at 8:16pmNice. What do you study? A degree would be useful, but I don't have an extra 4 years to spare! :/
- CyberZix August 3, 2014 at 7:23amNope, but I'm thinking of at least visiting it in the futuree~~!
I'm just about to finish HS and then I'm about to go to college and man I'm so "itchy" to go to a japanese-learning college/university simply to just visit it(I heard there are exchanges at some point and you have the chance to visit it)
But then, the problem is that I might remain without a job if I do it, so yeah...I'll have to think about something else. o,o
- CyberZix August 3, 2014 at 7:29amIf I ever were to visit it, the very first thing I'll ever do is to check out the arcades...I saw that they are incredible out there.
Then check out the sights and probably festivals(like to see the huge carriage at the fire festival...and taiko, I simply love Taiko).
(About the arcades...I simply love games...what can I do? ;P)
- jagscads August 3, 2014 at 8:16amno ~
- Yuuzuki August 6, 2014 at 8:37pmStill am
- SmartBaka September 6, 2014 at 8:25amSadly, no :[
- blackcat250 September 9, 2014 at 10:53amYes! But I was still young so I don't remember much.
- emily_c September 24, 2014 at 7:27pmyep!!!!! all i want is to go back
- oadissin September 25, 2014 at 12:51amいいえ
- oadissin September 25, 2014 at 12:52amらいねん にほん へ いきます.
- Xagito October 1, 2014 at 5:24pmyes
- Nahchan October 6, 2014 at 5:10pmStill am, life in japan is very tough. Make sure to save some money before coming here.
- Takezuki October 28, 2014 at 7:28amはい！
- Noitrus October 28, 2014 at 6:07pmyes, I have been. ^^
- Kant_Lernjap October 29, 2014 at 3:25amNo, and I don't think I would want to unless I had some Japanese friends there already or something. Being a gaijin is tough, especially if you aren't really good looking.
- Takezuki October 29, 2014 at 5:31amI don't think so Kant, japanese are one of the kindest and helpful people that I have ever met :D.
It's a beautiful and fascinating country you should visit it once :)
- Kant_Lernjap October 29, 2014 at 5:41amI don't know, I was under the impression that no matter how friendly they are with you, they still see you as an outsider. A native once said that he thinks foreigners are ok, but when they stay in Japan too long they're like bad food in your stomach. He wasn't one of the blatant xenophobes either. I guess visiting for a week or two would be nice when I'm competent enough in the language, but no longer than that and no sooner than that for me. Unless I have connections that live there by that time.
- Takezuki October 29, 2014 at 6:07amOh I see, so that was a point of view that you get from a native~ well I understand you're opinion about the longterm but I think that he said that because he might be afraid that foreigners that come to live in Japan, don't follow the system, and are not enough disciplined (towards rules). It's just a question about respect, being respectful about the country where you are, simple as that.
It's also about you, to come and be open-minded without thinking that all of their "kind/helpful" manners (that are just inside their culture, that's just how they are used to be) are just useless/without true intentions (a form of "hypocrisy").
It's still just my point of view ^_^.
- Takezuki October 29, 2014 at 6:08amrespectful about the culture of the country*
- Kant_Lernjap October 29, 2014 at 6:27amI think it was more about their desire not to lose their culture. America turned itself into a melting pot/stew and, while we still have "culture", it's not very interesting compared to other places. I agree that not taking off your shoes is part of the problem though.
- Takezuki October 29, 2014 at 6:40amWell for America (the United States), it's another thing it's sure it's a melting pot due to the origins and the history of the country. But this particularity is one of the pillars of their culture.
And yeah, I think the same about "keeping the identity/the culture of the country" it must be something that they are afraid of, but we will back on the idea of respect.
- mushroom October 29, 2014 at 6:49pmいいえ
- click November 13, 2014 at 3:38pmYou'll always be seen as a non-Japanese because you aren't one. That's just the way it is. People who don't like you because you're a foreigner exist, but they are very rare. More likely it's people who are unsure of your behaviours because they've encountered foreigners that come here and do weird things.
- juri1509 November 14, 2014 at 9:31pmYes..
- CafeKairu December 16, 2014 at 3:13pmI live in Japan. Not a bad place to live. Good food, good people, nice sights. Language is tough, and sure there are a few who don't like foreigners. But, is it any different than Americans saying that immigrants must speak English and act American? Anyway, show that you can act like a Japanese and you will be fine. It will get you places.
- Sakura_Fujiko December 18, 2014 at 12:05amYes
- KenjiSama December 18, 2014 at 12:16amnext year in the summer :D
I CAN"T WAIT!!!!!!
- Danoram December 20, 2014 at 8:35amYes
- KillerCars December 22, 2014 at 8:23amYes - twice this year. Not good for the bank balance...
- mamesushi December 23, 2014 at 6:22amNo, not yet, maybe next year or so.
- m1413623758 December 24, 2014 at 9:11amno
- totoroxoxo December 31, 2014 at 1:50amyes I went during the summer!
- DarkHellSpawn January 27, 2015 at 12:21pmYup, once. For 3 weeks. Joined the Youth Friendship Programme. Best.Trip.Ever
- DeadWitness February 16, 2015 at 2:10amA whole year. It was too early for me, I should have waited a year or two more. At least I learned how to behave better than I would in any book.
- RoVee February 18, 2015 at 8:11pmyes
- KumikoKumaa March 25, 2015 at 2:08pmno, maybe in the summer!
- dpi209 March 26, 2015 at 6:18pmyes
- black_cat March 30, 2015 at 1:02amyes. 3 times.
- Baky April 1, 2015 at 11:30pmWow surprised to see so many learning the language but haven't been or aren't currently living there o_o
- Nebulahime14 April 13, 2015 at 3:35pmI'm going next year over the summer, but I'm looking at the N3 test sometime this year. It all depends on what decides to pop up after this semester.
- Wonderland November 23, 2015 at 2:17amYes!
- jc89 November 23, 2015 at 2:23amYes
- Lies November 23, 2015 at 9:05amNo
- dominata365 November 23, 2015 at 9:07amlol just saw this post again and I did actually go this year
- IsseiTakashi November 23, 2015 at 12:15pmI haven't been but I have a trip planed with a couple of friends
- Taralee November 23, 2015 at 2:19pmI have been, It was great, I stayed in Tokyo with a friend and her family. Just always be polite and you will have a great time!! Remember manners ie Itadakimasu, arigatou etc I can't wait to go back :D
- papacheeen November 23, 2015 at 2:27pmI have been and now im migrating. Language barrier is hard to deal with thats why im here.
- Jkedj913 November 23, 2015 at 2:54pmYes been there
- davidjerb November 23, 2015 at 4:16pmno
- dontemoe November 23, 2015 at 5:02pmi plan on moving there for a year or two once i become fluent
- Kimbo November 23, 2015 at 5:05pmI made this so long ago, and here it is still going! Been here over a year now.
- dontemoe November 23, 2015 at 5:07pmlol, i just noticed
- hasumi November 23, 2015 at 5:59pmno:((
- A3agnos November 23, 2015 at 6:17pmWow, someone really digged deep down in the feeds xD
And the answer for me is "no".
- MintyHippo November 23, 2015 at 6:36pm@Kimbo no kidding lol, almost a year an a half old and still going ><
I think quite a few people that posted originally can change their answer to yes now as well. Yes for me.
- Kimbo November 23, 2015 at 8:55pmWell when I first made it, I was surprised by how many had never even been to Japan (including me), but it seems everyone is slowly changing their answer now :P wooo go Japan!
- freakymrq November 23, 2015 at 10:47pmStill a no but that will change in a few weeks :D
- beee_17 November 24, 2015 at 4:29am一年半が経ったけど、俺はまだ行ったことない :(
- RovkirHexus November 24, 2015 at 6:33amNo, but I found a really cheap language school in Japan. I'm hoping to go to it within the next few years.
- Arachkid November 24, 2015 at 7:44amYes, just got my permanent resident visa on Friday (永住者), which means no more visits to the immigration office until 2022 to renew the card, and no more stupid applications! Yes! Well, unless I ever intend to actually take Japanese citizenship, but I doubt that'll happen unless they make it so you can have two citizenships at once.
- beeant November 24, 2015 at 8:07amOh that's really nice Archkid! Congratulations! How long have you stayed in Japan?
- Arachkid November 24, 2015 at 8:17amJust over 5 years. Yeah, it's a nice change, especially since immigration center visits always take so long. Even when I got the perm, I went in, took out the number from the machine, 2 away from being called, not bad, huh... oh, an hour wait. :P Then half an hour after them taking my paperwork to prepare the card. So happy for 7 years free of that! Of course... yesterday my my number (ugh) arrived.
- beeant November 24, 2015 at 9:31amThat's nice! I've stayed here for more than 8 years and I only got 1 year visa.. I got 3 years visa before, but now only 1 year, maybe because I quit my job as a company worker, and at the moment my income is not as much?
- mog86uk November 24, 2015 at 9:44amfreakymrq!! Have a good time in Japan. You'll be there over christmas and new years? ^^
Congrats Arachkid too. I thought you already had it, as I thought you can get it sooner than 5 years when you are married to a Japanese national. Must be very nice finally having that.
- Arachkid November 24, 2015 at 10:43am5 years is the earliest you can get it for being married to a Japanese national - if you are not, it's a 10 year wait.
- beeant November 24, 2015 at 10:52amOh.. I thought if you're married to a Japanese, you can get it right away.
So I have to wait for about another 2 years..
I got マイナンバー yesterday, still not so sure what that is though..
- Arachkid November 24, 2015 at 10:57amBasically a social security number. That will be tied into most everything about you everywhere, that you should never show to anyone. But your employer wants it right away, and the number of any of your dependents. But hey, since it's the Japanese government, that information could never ever possibly be hacked. Garbage. :P
- beeant November 24, 2015 at 11:11amOh I see! thank you! So it's a sensitive information. I was about show it to my Japanese friend and ask what it is in more detail. haha
- Arachkid November 24, 2015 at 11:16amWell, if you trust them, I suppose. Just remember with that number, and access to the right systems, they would know everything about you that the government knows. How much you make, your medical history, anything.
- freakymrq November 24, 2015 at 2:24pm@Mog86uk ひさしぶり！ I'll be around from the 15th to the 23rd in the Tokyo area with my father and cousin. Should be fun ^_^
- calvin_0 December 3, 2015 at 10:36am'yes' (I have been)
i'm planing another trip next year, if nothing bad happen...
- robface December 3, 2015 at 10:43am'no' (I still haven't)
- Nihoshi December 3, 2015 at 10:43am'no'
- Oskaasan December 3, 2015 at 10:59amyes, I go so much I don't have time to learn Nihongo very well.
- nishitani December 3, 2015 at 1:57pmうん、二回行ったことある！
- MichaelSJ December 3, 2015 at 2:16pmNo I haven't
- revex December 9, 2015 at 1:04amI've been twice! So much fun, and handy to speak the language.
- jazzaly December 9, 2015 at 1:13ami have a goal to ride something there because i have always dreamed to go
- Rosana777 December 9, 2015 at 1:15am私は二年位東京に住んでいたよ
- jazzaly December 9, 2015 at 1:17amaw i want to say it in japanese but my computer wont let me
- dragonii December 9, 2015 at 1:44amNo, I have not gone. :T I would love to go but I cannot at this moment of time.
- famichip December 15, 2015 at 11:06pm行ったことがあります！
- KumikoKumaa December 16, 2015 at 1:32amno (T ^ T)
- synasia December 16, 2015 at 1:49amno :(
- Jadore_Violet December 16, 2015 at 7:45amno
- BillCi December 16, 2015 at 10:44amNo
- WingedLama December 16, 2015 at 2:36pmStill am
- Maddx_Etsuko December 17, 2015 at 1:58amnope
- emmyrock002 December 17, 2015 at 4:48amnope -.- sadly
- AyoubDesu December 17, 2015 at 5:08amNo, not yet. I'll go to Japan in May.
- senshin December 17, 2015 at 1:59pmYes. Studying abroad/going there and staying for long periods of time is the best if you ask me. The problem is getting the お金 for it.. :')
- tangerine10 December 18, 2015 at 3:30pmno
- Orval90 December 28, 2015 at 12:03pmNo, but maybe eventually I'll visit or even stay.
- Michimichi December 28, 2015 at 1:58pmNo
- CeeKay December 28, 2015 at 2:24pmno
- Orval90 December 28, 2015 at 3:22pmno
- Yuelit December 28, 2015 at 4:33pmno
- JohnjohLeon December 28, 2015 at 7:44pmNo
- JohnGreen December 28, 2015 at 10:29pmNo
- RyoBakura December 29, 2015 at 3:48amno
- Sinnzou December 29, 2015 at 4:26amNo
- Naotokun December 29, 2015 at 5:18amno
- nknikki December 29, 2015 at 5:38amI have not been (going in 5 months)
- LizE December 29, 2015 at 11:29amYes
- GreenyNeko December 29, 2015 at 12:11pmno (but really really want to... gimme the money v.v)
- 1223nicole December 29, 2015 at 3:39pmI haven't went, still too young. u_u
- Yunkun December 29, 2015 at 10:49pmyes
- nitebaby December 30, 2015 at 12:04amno
- amivie December 30, 2015 at 12:08amno T__T
- RankaLee December 30, 2015 at 4:41amno
- jihanannisa January 2, 2016 at 1:18amNo
- Skygirl4 January 2, 2016 at 4:06amNo.
- theglyphs January 2, 2016 at 11:01pmYes! I live in Japan and teach English!
- theglyphs January 2, 2016 at 11:07pmSo 'still am', yeah.
- kxohyeah January 3, 2016 at 1:37amno :(
- Xenocidal January 3, 2016 at 6:44amI haven't, though I'm going to live there one day. That's why I'm learning the language.
- Bagel January 4, 2016 at 4:42pmNot yet, i'm gonna go there as foreign exchange student in my junior year but during this summer i'm going to a university called Cornel to study in a immersion program for young Japanese learners for 6 weeks
- niina January 4, 2016 at 6:57pmHopefully next year as an exchange student :)
- SCHOTM January 5, 2016 at 3:29pmI planing to go in March 2017
- micheruuuu January 12, 2016 at 6:32pmI've lived there as an international student. I loved it!
- Igriel January 13, 2016 at 5:49amYes and hope to live there in future
- UchihaItachi January 13, 2016 at 6:27amHave not been. I'm selling away all my expensive goods, so that I can travel this summer. Maybe not before next summer though.
I do plan on studying watchmaking in Japan in about 5-6 years time, which is one of the reasons I'm learing Japanese now.
- Sunlark February 20, 2016 at 4:22amYes, but before I began to learn Japanese.
- Aarowaim February 20, 2016 at 7:35amyes
- Aarowaim February 20, 2016 at 7:35am*I mean, no (responded in affirmative to having never been)
- yunihin February 22, 2016 at 10:26amNo, in shaa Allah in three years later :)
- DragonR33UA February 22, 2016 at 12:39pmYeah, I live here.
- KuruNeko February 23, 2016 at 1:40amsadly no TwT
- Carrots February 24, 2016 at 3:12amI'm going in March 2017 for a full year~
- ChocolaBB February 25, 2016 at 10:39pmno. i go this summer
- JohnGreen February 25, 2016 at 10:44pmGoing in August for 2 weeks!
- katsuro90 February 26, 2016 at 12:28amI used to live in japan
- Exby February 26, 2016 at 12:44amNo. Planning to go before my graduation ceremony. Hehe
- Beatrycze February 26, 2016 at 7:26amYes, I have been there for last Christmas and New Year's Eve!
- sutefuan February 26, 2016 at 7:35amNo, still haven't. But sometimes it feels like I've been in a previous life
- ShrewdEmpath February 26, 2016 at 6:52pmNo still haven't．Interestingly my brother who isn't a language learner has. Dont feel bad if circumstanxes don't allow
- niina March 4, 2016 at 11:00pm@Carrots Me too! Which program are you going with? I'm going with afs finland
- CrazyRocking March 4, 2016 at 11:41pmsadly not :(
- ChinatsuChan March 5, 2016 at 12:30amI have been there several times already.
- khiem21 March 5, 2016 at 10:14amNo
- TionCher March 5, 2016 at 12:20pmno.
- Carrots March 5, 2016 at 9:51pm@niina I'm going with YFU~ almost chose AFS as well, but my relatives have used YFU and highly recommended it :d
- FawzyBxO March 6, 2016 at 1:19amNope. Someday I will
- Paalensuki March 6, 2016 at 1:29amIie, mada desu.
- happyjw March 6, 2016 at 12:55pmNo
- nairika March 6, 2016 at 6:46pm'no' (I still haven't) but it will always be in my heart wherever i may be
- Makishima March 6, 2016 at 11:11pmYes, but i started before going. I thought reading subtitles while watching anime is too tedious so i started learning and haven't stopped since.
- thebigofan March 16, 2016 at 1:28pmI haven't been there yet. I hope I can soon!
- AdrianaQuinn March 18, 2016 at 1:41pmI haven't been there yet either. Wish to go one day ^_^
- Razernok March 18, 2016 at 2:19pmI haven't been. I doubt that I'll be able to ever afford it since it cost something like $4000 to go.
- StarryRoses March 18, 2016 at 4:13pmI haven't been there either. I want to go there with my friend, hopefully during the sakura season in some years.
- Eben March 18, 2016 at 5:20pmno
- ManRay April 8, 2016 at 6:16amNo, but I want to
- jimjim_24 April 8, 2016 at 7:14amNo
- PeterJKane April 8, 2016 at 10:15amyes
- Ghosts April 8, 2016 at 3:30pmI want to go to Japan and Korea I am learning Japanese currently and next Hangul.
- HyokoHime May 6, 2016 at 5:38amNo, but I'm going in two years! >u< I can't wait!!!
- wigglysquire May 6, 2016 at 9:10amstill am (just got here though)
- Waldo14 May 8, 2016 at 12:35amnope
- KuraiHiruyay May 8, 2016 at 2:34amNo, but it is a goal to visit at least.
- AikaCoonCat May 8, 2016 at 12:41pmNo but my bf and I are going in a couple years
- nairika May 8, 2016 at 2:47pm'no' (I still haven't)
- hikkisama May 8, 2016 at 6:55pmNo. I hope few years from now it could happen. Nice to meet you all. Yoroshiku
- chenxingshan May 11, 2016 at 12:56pmYes. It was really a wonderful experience!
- monrover48 May 11, 2016 at 10:30pmI live here.
- Dani1201 May 11, 2016 at 10:48pmno
- Maryana May 12, 2016 at 1:29amno, i haven't. i hope someday, i'll be there. amin
- kariohki May 12, 2016 at 2:15amno, not yet, will go once i can get enough time off and money
- siaales May 12, 2016 at 1:16pmNot yet
- Jojofalcon May 12, 2016 at 1:23pmyes
- Jojofalcon May 12, 2016 at 1:24pmstill am
- 1310131052 June 8, 2016 at 10:47amyes
- Shaavin August 12, 2016 at 2:23pmNo
- Anshim August 14, 2016 at 10:06amno
- MG0310 August 14, 2016 at 3:33pmNo, but I'm planning to do so via study abroad in college
- KawaiiNeko10 August 15, 2016 at 3:27amno
- ZyKizumi16 August 15, 2016 at 1:04pmI'm here. Studying.
- nimkins August 15, 2016 at 1:20pmNo, but planning to study abroad next summer.
- Joker12332 September 24, 2016 at 11:45amいいえ
- Joker12332 September 24, 2016 at 11:46amPlan on going after college
- _NEKU September 24, 2016 at 4:55pmjust started learning today I'm gonna go to japan during the olympics so my goal is to be fluent by that time. i think 4 years is enough time :)
- sid1968 September 27, 2016 at 1:17amI've just got back from japan did Osaka as well as Tokyo...need to get back there asap
- Acidron September 27, 2016 at 2:35am@Kimbo: haven't visited Japan (yet)
@sid1968: which city did you like more, Osaka or Tokyo? would love to hear about your experiences, if you'd like to share (if not, that's fine too):)
- sid1968 September 27, 2016 at 4:01amCool both cities are ace but i think ill do longer in Osaka next visit. Has a real vibe about it and i stayed 5 mins walk from Dotonbori such a great place so many things to do and see and so many people out and about...that's where my profile pic was taken holding my new found friend the lizard with his own ruck sack lol .. google Dotonbori its not just Tokyo that's happening
- Raiz September 29, 2016 at 6:24amI have been in Japan for 3 years, yet my Japanese skill is so poor
- Scripteladora September 29, 2016 at 7:59amLived in Japan for about a year and a half.
- RLloyd September 29, 2016 at 7:19pm日本にことがありません
- drewleann September 30, 2016 at 12:11amyes
- Hutreb September 30, 2016 at 12:54amno (T_T)
- FelliVox October 24, 2016 at 4:29amThe comment above me is spam, don't click it.
- FelliVox October 24, 2016 at 7:20pmThe comment above is spam too. WTF is going on...
- MrToicinho November 1, 2016 at 9:50pmYes, I am here in Japan. I came from Brazil. :-)
- Matto33 November 27, 2016 at 12:48amYes
- PanPoi November 27, 2016 at 5:58amNo
- JamesG November 27, 2016 at 7:24amNo
- GeoOps November 28, 2016 at 12:40amI was for one Month in japan.
- zanzaboonda November 28, 2016 at 6:56pmYes (just went!)
- shinjo November 28, 2016 at 7:29pmno
- miadesu November 28, 2016 at 10:41pmNo
- AnaPaulafb November 29, 2016 at 12:36amno
- razzy November 29, 2016 at 8:30amI want to take a N3 minimum
- Annachan December 6, 2016 at 12:47pmNo.
- Tirto December 6, 2016 at 4:47pmNo
- thinzar December 6, 2016 at 9:57pmNo
- flearal December 9, 2016 at 5:35amNo
- Ichiru January 12, 2017 at 9:24pmyes! :D
- gekaris January 12, 2017 at 10:23pmno
- Triangle January 13, 2017 at 4:58amNo
- sheree January 13, 2017 at 11:34amstill am (Hiroshima)
- anon01ran January 13, 2017 at 9:47pmyes ^^
- RovkirHexus February 7, 2017 at 11:38pmI have been accepted into the Labo program for this summer, so I'll be there from July 13th to August 10th. If I can raise enough money.
- AnaPaulafb February 8, 2017 at 12:48amno :/
- dyoanne February 9, 2017 at 12:49pmyes. i spent a week in japan
- vgm247 February 9, 2017 at 7:33pmno (I'm hoping to change that in a year or so though)
- mirandalad February 10, 2017 at 11:01ami plan to learn japanese without ever setting foot in japan. i don't know if this is possible.
north koreans are able to learn english without ever speaking to a westerner. if that is the case, then i should be able to learn japanese without ever setting foot in japan. i plan to learn via japanese media (jpop, jdramas, anime, japanese youtubers, ect, grammar textbooks, and manga.
i want to learn japanese not necessarily to socialize, but to browse the japanese internet, read japanese books and watch japanese tv.
- mirandalad February 10, 2017 at 11:03amit's probably more difficult to learn japanese without ever socializing in japanese
- calvin_0 February 10, 2017 at 11:16ami'm able to learn english without speaking to well westerner... so your should able to pick up japanese without going to japan... interacting with native speakers just speed up the leaning process as your get more hands on practice.. you can also get similar practice by watching japanese show, if you can understand a japanese show without subtitle, your japanese should be acceptable.
- nihongoheeb February 10, 2017 at 12:06pmI have not, but at the end of March I will got for the first time.
- lordfulger February 14, 2017 at 10:57pmI will study abroad there in possibly 2/3 years.
- calvin_0 April 22, 2017 at 6:07pmhow do you report a bot?
- chino_sleep May 3, 2017 at 5:10pmyes!
- shiro_hebi May 3, 2017 at 5:16pmno
- LividPantsu May 4, 2017 at 12:02amNo
- mozeni2 May 4, 2017 at 10:14amNope. Just stubborn in that I chose Japanese as my binary. After experimenting with others I've come to the conclusion nihongo is the hardest. And of course I'm into anime.
- Sergey May 5, 2017 at 8:18pmLive here.
- serbeena May 8, 2017 at 5:09pmno
- robface May 9, 2017 at 12:17amhow do i stop receiving these notifications?
- Danoram May 9, 2017 at 7:00amClick on 'Account settings' (the cog on the navbar) -> 'Subscriptions' -> uncheck 'Comments'
- robface May 9, 2017 at 9:22pmThanks anyway; unchecking the 'comments' box did not work. I also see no way of deleting my account here or any way of contacting administrators.
- hoodedice May 9, 2017 at 11:29pmno
- akigadaiski May 10, 2017 at 12:11pmno i haven´t, but even if i never can go, this is just something that worth in my life.
- Hadez100 May 10, 2017 at 1:04pmi haven't been to japan its on my bucket list but i've been interested in japanese speaking and japan since i was a kid so i wanted to learn
- Danoram May 11, 2017 at 7:10amSorry robface. Should have worked in theory. seems like really poor decisions by the developer(s) :/
- quebeclibre May 17, 2017 at 11:46amI'm currently in Japan
- aokiharu May 17, 2017 at 1:51pmNo..actually I am the only one in my family that still haven't
- azza3695 May 26, 2017 at 8:04pmいいえ
- Hielke001 May 30, 2017 at 9:24pmI still haven't been but iam only 15 >.<
- Lara28 May 31, 2017 at 5:00amI had, its great, spent 40 days and planning in going back next year.
- EliteXrocker May 31, 2017 at 5:11amI have been twice :) First time for 5 weeks just travelling and second time for 2 weeks going to a language school :) And going back in 2020 :)
- Hielke001 May 31, 2017 at 5:51amWow how was the language school?
- EliteXrocker May 31, 2017 at 6:54amIt was really cool :) There were lots of people from different countries :) And the school gives you a verbal test so they know which class to put you in depending on your level :) So it doesn't matter if you know hiragana or kanji or have a small vocabulary :) There is room for everyone :) And you can have japanese cooking and calligraphy or Manga if you want as well :) It was really cool :)
- snowflake_35 June 4, 2017 at 7:07pmnope:(
- GraceCat June 5, 2017 at 11:07amNo but hopefully one day
- huyhoang June 5, 2017 at 3:07pmyes
- Kamil_R June 5, 2017 at 5:59pmno
- dominata365 June 6, 2017 at 9:00amyes
- Hielke001 June 6, 2017 at 2:45pmWow that sounds amazing @EliteXrocker . I thought that you had to be really good in Japanese already if you wanted to go there. Cool.
- dpi209 June 18, 2017 at 10:49pmI'll be in 東京 during 秋場所
- Patrick001 June 18, 2017 at 10:52pmstill am
- Julieta22 June 19, 2017 at 1:09amI have not been there yet. I'm going in two months too!:)
- vickiamour June 21, 2017 at 11:42pmNo
- ZozV June 23, 2017 at 3:16amNo :/
- Pepperisk June 23, 2017 at 12:47pmnope. planning to though.
- Arc1297 June 23, 2017 at 4:05pmyes i have been great place
- Khulood July 5, 2017 at 6:32pmNo..still haven't
- WolfTyla July 8, 2017 at 7:41pmjust no ._.
- masadya July 10, 2017 at 12:36amNo. But i will :D ganbatte!
- ayunii July 10, 2017 at 10:22ami have not been yet. soon i hope. :D
- Sadz July 10, 2017 at 4:43pmNot yet. Hope to go soon.
- pandaboh July 11, 2017 at 8:01pmYes, this year for the first time!
Two wonderful weeks!
- doriMoo July 15, 2017 at 10:34pmyes, in 2015.
- zeto August 26, 2017 at 8:34pmYes I have been for 3 months. It was ok.
- TaigaChan97 August 26, 2017 at 9:07pmNo, but hopefully next summer
- RMAlkuwari November 6, 2017 at 9:39pmNot yet but soon
hopefully in April 2018
- LCrosszeria November 9, 2017 at 11:19pmNo, but my goal is to save up enough money to go on a vacation in Japan. I want to see and learn as much as possible while I'm there. And of course, I want to get my hands on some physical copies of rare manga that are hard to find anywhere online. Oh, and I'm really looking forward to the food there *-*
- Hielke001 November 10, 2017 at 1:46amNo I haven't been to Japan yet. But my goal is to learn alot of Japanese before I go. I am really looking forward to explore Japan and explore the city's as well as the countryside. I hope I will meet alot of interesting and nice people along the way.
- holls November 10, 2017 at 2:38amnope
- Yoshipon December 12, 2017 at 3:13pmStill haven't but hope I will be able to soon. Gotta practice my japanese really hard until then! (๑•̀ㅂ•́)و
- IJamLegend December 20, 2017 at 4:57amhaven't been. when i do i'd like to stay though. some people think that's dumb but i really don't like my own country.
- Scarlette December 20, 2017 at 6:04amNo i haven't been but i really want to go
- AndreaM December 20, 2017 at 11:31pmYes (went to language school there and going again next year)
- Ag12x April 22, 2018 at 11:08pm@sakaratt Thank you for your great and marvelous contribution to the whole discussion. My way of thinking has completely changed. Do you maybe have some more links for us?
- miharusshi April 23, 2018 at 8:39pm＠Ag12x: If only I could like your commend a thousand times...
- AkiroSan April 23, 2018 at 10:55pmYes - twice ^_^
- LunaBear95 April 24, 2018 at 3:57amNo
- ChrissyAtSea July 23, 2018 at 4:38pmno! But we all should go one day.
- obsessed_fb July 24, 2018 at 10:32amno =(
- Blackened July 25, 2018 at 3:53pmno
- Shadoevines July 25, 2018 at 8:53pmno.. (but i want to *sobs*)
- deadmo July 26, 2018 at 2:16amyes! lived there for 4 years! its a cool place for sure, definite culture shock at first. But i lived in a countryside so im sure a first time being somewhere like osaka or tokyo will be crazier.
- chris_101 August 3, 2018 at 2:09amいいえ
But I might try to go there next year during the fall.
- RovkirHexus August 3, 2018 at 2:22amI did last summer with Labo. That was a lot of fun.
- Tenagazaru August 6, 2018 at 8:49am'no'
- phamle12 August 18, 2018 at 1:35pmno
- MintyHippo August 19, 2018 at 2:32pmyes, it's a great time
- Affendoktor August 20, 2018 at 12:25amyes
- Freya_rose August 20, 2018 at 12:32amNo :(
- ajxoul August 20, 2018 at 1:28amNo
- Jantowerer August 20, 2018 at 10:11amstill am
- studentduo August 20, 2018 at 10:20amI have not yet been
- BulatRR August 20, 2018 at 11:03pmI have not been in Japan and it's my dream...
- Leaxion August 25, 2018 at 8:07pmno, but i'm going in december!
- Mythic August 26, 2018 at 8:58pmI haven't been, but I wanna go one day. Add me as friend?
- enlasnubes August 27, 2018 at 9:58amyes!
- Jun93 August 29, 2018 at 2:15pmyes
- jayneen August 30, 2018 at 12:47pmNo, I still haven't.
- YakumoFuji March 12, 2019 at 8:52pmYes
- kyuudou March 29, 2019 at 6:30amYes - born there on US base, lived 2 years then grew up in US. Returned last year. Not even JPLT N5 yet ;_;
- Bokoyume March 29, 2019 at 2:15pmliving, but struggling
- TK7600 April 22, 2019 at 5:40pmNo
- MixMkv May 31, 2019 at 3:31pmhere, nice place
- DarwinE September 9, 2019 at 10:40pmYes and currently am. Luckily I knew someone here who let me live in his family's house. Really nice people here overall but yeah the language is hard. But definitely want to live here one day. Some hard work in front of me but that is totally worth it
- crazed4now September 12, 2019 at 12:46pmStill am! Been here for 4 years. I work as a teacher. Used to be at an international preschool, switched to an eikaiwa because I was getting too stressed out at my old job. More time to study now. ^_^
- venchan November 18, 2019 at 2:53pmno :((
- EgaSei November 18, 2019 at 3:28pmno:')
- sofiestark November 18, 2019 at 7:36pmyes but i've been on this site before i went there
- aizome November 19, 2019 at 1:06pmstill am!
- IMPunk January 29, 2020 at 8:12pmNope, but someday for sure!
- EvilDemon67 January 29, 2020 at 11:37pmNo, but I wish I could!
- Java February 9, 2020 at 9:30pmNot yet. But I wish one day I could!
- Rebjan28 February 14, 2020 at 12:58pmStill am
- Summer1991 March 12, 2020 at 4:39pmYes, I travel to Japan last month with my friends and took lots of street hanfu photos. Japan is so beautiful and people are so good.
- PhillipAl March 16, 2020 at 11:54pmHi there
- rheannon April 8, 2020 at 3:49pmいえ。でもがんばります。
- SkyeChain April 9, 2020 at 10:07pmyes
- serenecave April 10, 2020 at 11:28amno
- PalaeoJoe May 11, 2020 at 2:22amNo sir
- JACKBOSMA May 13, 2020 at 12:49amI am an English teacher.
- situspokerqq June 6, 2020 at 1:41amBandar merupakan yang mengelola permainan poker online, dengan semakin banyaknya orang yang gemar akan permainan poker semakin banyak pula bandar baru bermunculan. Daftar bandar poker akan membantu anda menemukan bandar-bandar terpercaya yang bisa dijadikan sebagai tempat bermain taruhan yang aman dan nyaman. Tidak bisa dipungkiri bahwa pemain di Indonesia sangat senang dengan sebuah permainan yang bisa memberikan untung. Sedangkan bermain taruhan di Indonesia dilarang, maka bermain secara online di pilih oleh para pemain supaya resikonya lebih kecil.
<a href="http://22.214.171.124/">situs poker online</a>
- Julianep June 6, 2020 at 10:22pmYes
- Faeriez June 10, 2020 at 12:48pmI still am in Japan. I've been here for over two years now.
- Ddraig June 11, 2020 at 8:53amNo
- Arlette June 11, 2020 at 11:48pmYes
- pipio_vio June 14, 2020 at 10:52amno
- Julianep July 10, 2020 at 10:40pmYes
- Elena_W20 July 10, 2020 at 10:51pmYes
- KairiMiyu July 13, 2020 at 5:12pmYes
- SoniaRoytman July 14, 2020 at 4:00amyes
- rickysun July 18, 2020 at 12:38pmyes
- KitsuneMagic July 22, 2020 at 4:30amYes
- torpes July 22, 2020 at 6:38amno
- AkaiAx August 13, 2020 at 7:55amno
- AxeEcliptica August 13, 2020 at 8:20amno ;-;
- Faizyrooma4 August 13, 2020 at 4:25pmno
- rizurper August 17, 2020 at 11:02amno
- Noy16 August 17, 2020 at 7:24pmno
- jha001 August 18, 2020 at 10:05amいえ。でも、日本に行きたいです。
- Jomann August 25, 2020 at 4:30pmno
- Captn4wesome August 26, 2020 at 5:24amいいえ, haven't been there yet
- KitsuneMagic August 29, 2020 at 3:40amI answered 'yes' back in July, and now everytime someone adds a comment, I get a notification as if it was me that asked the 'been to Japan?' question.
Does everyone get this?
- kyuudou August 29, 2020 at 5:47amKitsuneMagic, yes and I've looked for a way to tune it down so I can still get other messages but I don't even see a way to turn off email notifications!
- zeto August 29, 2020 at 6:00amnotifs for everyone! 🤣
- adrian_ac2 14 days agoyes
- Kuteku 13 days agono
- migs0312 10 days agoNo T_T
- Faizyrooma4 9 days agono
- kusoga 3 days agoYes
- MaahHeim 2 days agoNo