Available on Google PlayApp Store

How to connect sentences?

こんにちは ^^
For example, if I want to say: "日本語はやさしいです。" and "日本語が好きです。"
Can I connect these sentences in anyway?
ありがとうございます 
posted by N3k0

Comments 4

• Acidron
    Acidron
    Hiya (^^)/
    日本語は、やさしくて好きです。When connecting adjectives to describe the same thing you need to conjugate all adjectives except the last one. やさしい 易しい is an i-adjective and it's followed by another adjective here (so conjugate it into it's te-form) and すき is actually a na-adjective and the last in this sentence so we can keep it in it's plain form, adding です -> "Japanese (is) easy and likable". I guess you can also use 'ga' instead of 'ha', depends on how you want to emphasize your sentence.

What about 3 adjectives? 日本語は、易しくてきれいで好きです。 Japanese (is) easy, pretty, and likable. きれい is a na-adjective (it's te-form is plain form+de.) Is this helpful? :)
  • N3k0
    N3k0
    ah ok, i think i got it. Thank you, Acidron ^^
  • Caio
    Caio
  • zgcchun
    zgcchun
    the rule is, the connection form of i-adjectives is, change the end い, with くて, e.g. やさしい -> やさしくて, while for na-adjectives, use で to connect, e.g. 好きだー>好きで. So here we can form two sentences with a different order, 日本語はやさしくて好きです。or 日本語は好きでやさしいです。This rule is called the て形 (te-form) of adjectives. Also, te-form can be used to connect verbs or nouns. e.g., for verbs, 家に帰って寝ます。(return home and then go to bed). For nouns, 私は学生(がくせい)で22歳(さい)です。(I am a student and I am 22 years old.). In a word, te-form can be used to connect words and sentences. You can refer to a grammar note here. http://www.guidetojapanese.org/learn/grammar/compound
N3k0