Available on Google PlayApp Store

im new so what should i start with?

im pretty much confused where to start here so if anyone can tellme with which lessons do i start with i would be really thankful.
posted by MangekyouX

Comments 7

• Ronin
    Ronin
    Hi, welcome to JCJP.

If you're freshly new to the Japanese language, then I think it'd probably be best to start learning your hiragana and katakana, since pretty much all the practice and lesson exercises use them from the beginning.

You can find them in the "Lessons" tab right underneath the site's logo.

Once you've gotten all your hiragana and katakana down, then you might want to start tackling the vocabulary, and perhaps even the kanji.

You can find those under the "Lessons" tab, too.

Make sure to start somewhere that's comfortable for your knowledge level, then work your way up from there.

Ganbatte!
    -Ronin
  • Medyrius
    Medyrius
    Ronin-kun no iu toori da...
    You don't need to use all of this site's features right off... JCJP is good for learning some japanese at your own pace and the key to using this tool is to be able to read Hiragana and Katakana. So I'd also advice you start from there if you don't already know them...
  • Ronin
    Ronin
    Eh, yeah. Pretty much what Medyrius said, lol.
  • MangekyouX
    MangekyouX
    thx, ill do as you say medyrius, i only want to learn hiragana and katakana. so in the practice area, above kanji letters in the vocabulary practice is the hiragana right?
  • MangekyouX
    MangekyouX
    well why i want to learn japanese is mostly cause i like to read light novels and visual novels but they are kanji right? is so its gonna take me a lot to learn em cause they say kanji is hard.
  • Medyrius
    Medyrius
    Tashika ni soo da... Unfortunately Kanji is hell!! :D

But you can make it livable with a bit of patience and organization...

I think that if one is really gonna learn japanese for reading, he/she must be armed with a huge amount of patience and determination...
  • muso
    muso
    If you are imaginative, something like the book Remembering the Kanji (Heisig) can be good as it links parts of the Kanji to things that are more easily remembered. Also, associating stories (and sometimes real Chinese history) to the Kanji can make it a lot more fun, and it is satisfying when you make some progress.
MangekyouX