Available on Google PlayApp Store

umm, could i asked a few question? :P

umm hi minasan. i wonder if i can post some question here? if someone could teach me i would be thankful. :)

um i want to know what does the phrase あったりまえ mean? (followed by だろう/でしょう) i think it's kind of a respond 'yeah/sure/of course' to a request, is it?

and what does -っつったら at the end of -たら conditional mean? is it a colloq form of something longer?
posted by frankincense

Comments 5

• nintendo
    nintendo
    first thing you need to know,
    the meaning of あったりまえ is "of course"
    and だろう or でしょう is just like "right?" "isnt it?" something like that.

so become one its gonna be like of course right?

-たら is more into grammar thing.
    -たら means after or then
    the structure is like
    verb-たらblablabla

for example:
    食べる = eat
    水 = water
    飲む = drink

食べたら水を飲む means "after eat, drink water" or "eat then drink water"

hope this helps
  • Darknaviexe
    Darknaviexe
    Grim reaper of topics/ http://www.japaneseclass.jp :
    Why not use "ya" or" "ga" ?
  • nintendo
    nintendo
    i think ya or ga have different meanings...
  • frankincense
    frankincense
    thx it helps

um i still don't understand -っつったら, i know about v-たら form. i see -っつったら in a lot of places and can't figure out which verb it is. so i assume it's informal...
  • Nagareochiru
    Nagareochiru
    I'm not at all certain about this--and could be quite wrong, since I can't confirm it--but in a lot of instances where I see or hear "っつったら," it seems to occur where "と言ったら/といったら" would also work. I think it might indeed be a sort of alternative, more informal way of saying, "if we say/mention..."

So maybe someone asks, "夏休みの思い出は?" - "What are your memories of the summer holiday?" You could answer with "夏休みっつったら、気持ちいい暖かさだろう" - "If it's summer break (that we're talking about), probably the great-feeling warmth."
frankincense