-_- I think I should be locked in a room with only japanese media to keep me company for say a… - Feed Post by Jadore_Violet
-_- I think I should be locked in a room with only japanese media to keep me company for say a week or so then perhaps it might actually stick in my head.
posted by Jadore_Violet December 1, 2012 at 1:31am
- You don't have to force yourself! There are plenty of ways to read and listen to Japanese daily: Live TV, Twitter, Podcasts, (beginner friendly) news articles, Radio, (Japanese subbed) drama and so on. If you need any help, let me know!December 1, 2012 at 3:04am
- Lol its not a matter of forcing myself. I love studying japanese :) its just I've been studying for about 4-5 years now but I would still class my ability as lower intermediate :( and I dont feel like I'm learning much any more.
If I where in a situation such as I described with ONLY Japanese books and tv etc and no interferance from other (English) media I think it would stick more.December 1, 2012 at 8:28am
- It's still possible! I only say this because I've also crafted my own immersion environment. The sooner you include Japanese into everything you do, the sooner you'll start remembering things that were difficult to remember before, and the sooner you'll begin to to learn new things from context.
You may find these posts helpful:
http://japaneselevelup.com/category/immersion-realm/December 1, 2012 at 3:52pm
- Having skimmed through the first article I am know more convinced that I cannot create an imersive enviroment :/ for one thing I would have to be incontrole of my current enviroment in order to change it in the first place and for another I have two many (english) books I would never get rid of.December 2, 2012 at 7:46am
Do excuse my mistakes I don't know why I only notice them after hitting comment :/December 2, 2012 at 7:49am
- Hey thanks for posting those links, I hadn't given much thought to an immersion environment. A nice ideal even if, say, my Job isn't going to suddenly be in English.December 4, 2012 at 8:19am
- Not a problem. I too deal with English all day at my job. It's always nice to relax with Japanese afterwards. I think you'll really enjoy it once you get started.December 4, 2012 at 11:19am