Available on Google PlayApp Store

New Student

Hi my name is Tiffanie and I just found out about jc.jp today, and let me tell you I am in love with it already. I have lazily been studying japanese for several years now, I barely can remember much though. I know all hiragana and nearly no katakana. I know some vocabulary. I try my best at katakana but for some reason it is harder to learn that one...either way.
I am wondering what is your best method of studying through jc.jp? Do you just look over the vocabulary and then try the test ? I don't really know what would be the most effective way to learn the kanji while looking over the words. I sadly end up looking at the romaji when I just can't memorize it.
Any tips/advice?
Thanks in advance and I hope to become friends with all of you!
~Tiffanie
posted by IciPuppy

Comments 6

• washoku
    washoku
    Paying careful attention to the characters is important, like ヨ、ヲ、当 ... 千、チ、牛、年. and so on. Good luck.
  • WillBrigham
    WillBrigham
    Hey tiffanie, I'm new to this just the other day, and just finished learning my hiragana, and nearly all my katakana, I seem to be in the same situation, I agree katakana is harder to learn for me too for some reason, but yeh, just wanted to say hi and good luck with it all
  • iambyron
    iambyron
    just read more.
  • Igna27
    Igna27
    If it gets too hard to remember, try writing each characters down a few times (remembering the right stroke order becomes useful) and repeating the asociated sound to yourself.

May sound dumb, but it really helped me with katana (and it also helps me while studying kanji now). I have been studying japanese lazily for years, too, but just got serious a few weeks ago lol
  • xiumi
    xiumi
    I'm also new at learning japanese :) When I was learning katakana, I did several writing practices, trying to get the stroke order down (I did the same for hiragana as well). I still get confused every now and then and there are some characters I tend to forget (I know that's not very comforting). But I think the reason why it's harder is because it's not as often used as hiragana. I get plenty of practice reading hiragana but not quite as much reading katakana. I think it's a matter of repetition and application. I'm sure that as you read/write more, it'll eventually become part of your long term memory :)
  • DeadWitness
    DeadWitness
    If you have trouble remembering kanas, you probably need more practice. Try to write the whole kana table until you can do it in one go. Then write an essay using only kana. It sticks that way, trust me.
    It is very important you write it instead of TYPING it on a computer. That way, your hand will memorize the symbols and your barin will associate them with their sounds.
IciPuppy

Other Threads by IciPuppy