Available on Google PlayApp Store

Kantango?

Does anyone else use kantango? (kantango.com) My professors both use it to upload our kanji and vocab lists, and its flashcard system is really useful. I think it relies on the big Edict database, the same one jisho.org uses.

Anyway, I'd love to have a way to import my kantango lists into JCJP, so I can earn XP here while studying for class. :) Also, I'd love for JCJP to implement a similar flashcard (rather than multiple-choice) system, with similar ratings for how well I know words/kanji ("needs review," "learned," "mastered," "fully mastered," etc.) Is a flashcard system in the works anytime in the future?
posted by a_muses

Comments 3

• a_muses
    a_muses
    No one agrees?
  • beeant
    beeant
    What kind of format can you get from kantango list? maybe I can write the code for the importer to Note.
  • a_muses
    a_muses
    Hm, I'm not sure. When it generates the vocab lists, it does so in a table. Here's a page of someone's public list: http://kantango.com/wordlist.php?form_wl=51790

You'll have to start an account, but it's really easy, and I've never gotten contacted from them. It's some university professor running the site in his spare time, I think.
a_muses