This is terribly wrong

This word is completely wrong. There are some minor mistakes on other words but this one is Just total and completely wrong so I randomly picked a meaning and :

to become enthusiastic
0% (0 correct | 0 wrong) status: new ・ latest encounter: never

吹く - ふく to blow EXP -5

被る - かぶる to wear (on head), to put on, to pour water EXP -5

在外 - ざいがい overseas, abroad EXP -5

熱を上げる - ねつをあげる ( this one is considered right but in reality it has a very different meaning)
posted by Scripteladora

Comments 8

• Mistwalker
    Mistwalker
    熱を上げる is an expression or phrase to mean 'to become enthusiastic' so it's not wrong (if that's what you meant)...? can also mean 'have a crush on'
    netsu ga aru - 'have a temperature' if that was what you were thinking of??

All the other meanings above are correct as well
  • beeant
    beeant
    I think in literal meaning, it can mean something like
    the temperature goes up.

But as an expression, it can be like "on fire"
  • Scripteladora
    Scripteladora
    I thought it meant to have fever or get higher fever
  • Gonzah
    Gonzah
    Mist where do you get all that meanings?
  • Mistwalker
    Mistwalker
    Berlitz Japanese Dictionary, tangerine.com, rikaichan and WWWJDIC: Online Japanese Dictionary Service. I check a few places rather than rely on one source >_> but normally start with my paperback dictionary.
    Netsu does mean fever, but in this case is an expression. right now i cant think of an example of the top of my head that applies like this - they're just annoying and you have to remember they don't match normal pattern.

Ah i meant 吹く - ふく = to blow, when i said above meanings are correct.
  • beeant
  • Gonzah
    Gonzah
    Thanx both! =)
  • Scripteladora
    Scripteladora
    I would love to suggest that you put a warning when you refer to Idioms. Usually I know them ( I studied them When I was in Japan) but for whatever reason I didn't learn this one. Also Grammar sections would be useful
Scripteladora