Available on Google PlayApp Store

This is terribly wrong

This word is completely wrong. There are some minor mistakes on other words but this one is Just total and completely wrong so I randomly picked a meaning and :

to become enthusiastic
0% (0 correct | 0 wrong) status: new ・ latest encounter: never

吹く - ふく to blow EXP -5

被る - かぶる to wear (on head), to put on, to pour water EXP -5

在外 - ざいがい overseas, abroad EXP -5

熱を上げる - ねつをあげる ( this one is considered right but in reality it has a very different meaning)
posted by Scripteladora

Comments 8

• Mistwalker
    Mistwalker
    熱を上げる is an expression or phrase to mean 'to become enthusiastic' so it's not wrong (if that's what you meant)...? can also mean 'have a crush on'
    netsu ga aru - 'have a temperature' if that was what you were thinking of??

All the other meanings above are correct as well
  • beeant
    beeant
    I think in literal meaning, it can mean something like
    the temperature goes up.

But as an expression, it can be like "on fire"
  • Scripteladora
    Scripteladora
    I thought it meant to have fever or get higher fever
  • Gonzah
    Gonzah
    Mist where do you get all that meanings?
  • Mistwalker
    Mistwalker
    Berlitz Japanese Dictionary, tangerine.com, rikaichan and WWWJDIC: Online Japanese Dictionary Service. I check a few places rather than rely on one source >_> but normally start with my paperback dictionary.
    Netsu does mean fever, but in this case is an expression. right now i cant think of an example of the top of my head that applies like this - they're just annoying and you have to remember they don't match normal pattern.

Ah i meant 吹く - ふく = to blow, when i said above meanings are correct.
  • beeant
  • Gonzah
    Gonzah
    Thanx both! =)
  • Scripteladora
    Scripteladora
    I would love to suggest that you put a warning when you refer to Idioms. Usually I know them ( I studied them When I was in Japan) but for whatever reason I didn't learn this one. Also Grammar sections would be useful
Scripteladora