Reading

Yo,are alot of you people try reading ?In my humble opinion it's the heaviest of all of the site's assets.Really reduces the startling when you encounter a heap of japanese text anywhere else.
posted by slawyn

Comments 12

• slawyn
    slawyn
    No seriosly now.Seeing kanji hooked up into a jukugo lets you not only remember it better but also increases your reading speed.I've been drilling the reading for a couple of days now and I find it extremely helpful
  • beeant
    beeant
    Thank you very much for your positive feedback :)
  • tantor
    tantor
    Aside from news, maybe short stories from elementary level can be added so that beginners can practice reading easy kanjis.
  • shairn
    shairn
    I'll second tantor, reading news can be a bit... dry to be honest.
  • candy
    candy
    I support adding some short stories or daily advertisement
  • beeant
    beeant
    The problem is, where can we get the short stories?
  • shairn
    shairn
    That's a good point, I'm sure you can find some online easily but what I'm not sure about is how legal it would be.
  • ScorpionVII
    ScorpionVII
    I can ask my girlfriend if she maybe could come up with some or maybe she knows of a website where they have them...
  • slawyn
    slawyn
  • Medyrius
    Medyrius
    Seems good! ^^
  • beeant
    beeant
    thank you slawyn, but how about their copyright? can it be freely distributed/reused?
  • beeant
    beeant
    is there anybody uses RSS here? I'm planning to make a feature where you can create your own reading materials through RSS feed of Japanese blogs, Japanese news source that you like, etc.
    What do you think about this?
slawyn