Available on Google PlayApp Store

Is this forum organized?

From what I've seen so far, all types of posts congregate into this one forum.
Is this the case, or am I missing something? It's fine if it is this way, as the forum doesn't seem to be extremely active, unfortunately.
posted by souljabri557

Comments 19

• souljabri557
    souljabri557
    And by organized I mean having different categories, for example: Japanese Discussion, Off-topic, etc.
  • mog86uk
    mog86uk
    This is the only part of the forum, although there is the 'Recent Echo' thing on the main page, which is fairly similar.There's often been a lot of spam threads/posts in the forum from silly advertising bots, which has probably had a negative effect on how active the forum is, but it's quite tidy right now. It will be nice if they've finally left for good.
    The website is currently being redesigned by its admin, Beeant, so maybe the forums will be improved too? But in any case, there is supposed to be a new live chat feature on the way, hopefully. :)
  • souljabri557
    souljabri557
    Wow, sounds awesome. It seems a lot of the threads on here are "chatty" so maybe the chatbox will clear some of those out.
    At the moment the forum is tidy and works perfectly.

This site is great, and I know it's going to be even better :D
  • mog86uk
    mog86uk
    Lol, I spoke too soon... there's already silly advertising spam threads beginning to infest the forums again. -_-
  • mog86uk
    mog86uk
    Nobody even reads the incoherent advertising threads, with English so poor that if anyone ever actually did read it, they still wouldn't even be able to guess what the post was on about anyway...

I can't believe how much spam splatted back onto the forums just after we'd said they were tidy!! >_<
  • LEDJ
    LEDJ
    WTF it's this Mo**** Fu***** SPAM drug message on the forum. Is there somebody working for pharmaceutical companies here ?
  • LEDJ
    LEDJ
    I've just seen the others to the thread ! F*** ! Handbags, polo shirts and lot of bullsh** in this kind ! I just want to say to people who takes advantage of this website, I HATE YOU ! This place is the best free think ever done on the net to learn japanese (Thank webmasters fot that !)

THAT'S NOT A MO**** FU***** SHOPPING MALL !!! SO GET OUT OF HERE PLEASE !!!
  • mog86uk
    mog86uk
    LOL, I share your rage. It's either stupidly ironic or openly malicious that they even choose to repeatedly post their ads in this very thread, after my previous posts, lol. >_>

I don't really understand what their intent is with these bizarre advertising posts...
    It doesn't seem like whoever is posting them actually wants people to read their content?

Maybe these posts really are simply malicious spam, with no purpose other than to ruin these forums... maybe created by someone that has something against Japan / hates people learning the Japanese language?

Maybe they're just trying to infect computers with viruses, so don't need to put any effort into their fake advertising.

Maybe they truly are attempting to advertise a real product (seems very unlikely) and just fail really hard at doing so.

I really have no idea. >_<
  • mog86uk
    mog86uk
    This spam post above, if it hasn't been deleted yet, proves my point exactly.
    I doubt anyone in the whole world could figure out what it is advertising!

"In places such as Europe, America, Japan, Australia apt to hypnotize the remote the approaching fart discover of question," -- what the... @_@

Not only does the post seemingly use random absurd phrases strung together, but also it doesn't even contain a link to any websites...
  • PatFace
    PatFace
    This site seems like the best thing since the invention of sliced bread when it comes to learning Japanese and it disappoints me to see the forum on this site get disrespected with spam.
  • HeyImCarol
    HeyImCarol
    Pharmaceutical companies (and any other company that makes enough money to do this) hire computer programmers to create "bots" who just search the internet for sites, blogs, forums and pretty much anywhere you can post comments and then they spam them with advertisement paragraphs.
    So, essentially there isn't any person posting just bots and the people who create them. They are along the same lines as a type of virus, only big money making websites can afford to pay for the programming to prevent them from spamming, so one big circle of people paying people. haha
  • mog86uk
    mog86uk
    It wouldn't necessarily cost any money to get rid of the spam. There just needs to be some restrictions in place on who is allowed to post, or to make the sign-up process harder for bots.

It might work to limit posting to only people who have answered a practice/lesson question before.

Maybe make everyone start on level 0, and then when they answer a question (maybe even if they get it wrong) make them level 1. Only allow people level 1 and above to post. A similar restriction is (or was) in place for the 'Reading' section of this site, where you had to earn something like level 3 or 4 to be able to do readings, as a bonus for levelling.
  • Tournorse
    Tournorse
    <a href="http://www.mindymylrea.com">ugg boots on sale</a> Yet, they are not under Congressional oversight or supervisionThe Swiss UK deal is a big step in the right direction (who would have imagined this only a few years ago?) but there is still more to be done and much more will be done regardless of Richard Murphy's blog<a href="http://www.nathaliecollins.com">cheap michael kors wallets</a> Don't ask me why I mounted them like that I would advise getting a few pairs of what seem to be your Classic Short ugg boots favorite shoes before the manufacturer changes the shoe <a href="http://www.mindymylrea.com">ugg sale</a> Look at a set of lace up ugg boots pertaining to a specific thing a little different and stylish, as well as stick with the better normal fashionable short or long ugg boots fashions Trendy UGG Classic Cardy boots and the Timberland brand outstrip Bean in sales, he said <a href="http://www.4dimaging.com">cheap christian louboutin shoes</a> And through the Young Explorers Grant Program, National Geographic also encourages people aged 16 to 25 a the beginning of their careers to create expeditions of their own There are a lot of things that have come together
  • SlushBrain
    SlushBrain
    Aha! So it is nothing but pointless spam! One way to ward off the spam-bots is Captcha and email confirmation. Putting the Captcha in Japanese with would be even better since these seem to be english spam-bots. Or math equations.

The website currently has no captcha or to 'check' if it's a person signing up for an account. Spider-Bots, Web-Bots their entire purpose is to crawl the web and junk it up. Majority of the bots originate from companies and their annoying advertisements.
  • mog86uk
    mog86uk
    There is a captcha for signing up on this site. However, this style of captcha is extremely weak -- It is just a short string of numbers, clearly readable by text recognition software, and worse still, the actual number is stored in the html code.

Good news though -- The new version of JCJP has a much better, proper captcha; and it has none of the problems that I have just mentioned.

If you haven't seen the link to the beta test version of the new site, check the link below (the ':3000' part of the link is important):

http://beta.japaneseclass.jp:3000
  • nashimo
    nashimo
    it would be good if we can vote up/vote down comments or posts, and that the posts/messages with kinda 10 vote downs get deleted directly, and that only confirmed members can vote up/down
    it would be good if members with 5 deleted messages for example get an IP ban. I know its kinda harsh, but I guess thats the only way
    (also, ther's no captcha to register, no an email confirmation)
  • mog86uk
    mog86uk
    I agree. Something definitely needs to be done about this advertising bot spam, as it has ruined this forum. There is a captcha for creating an account though, however, it is a very weak one.

The new version of this site, which is still in beta stage DOES have a fairly decent captcha though. Hopefully this will be enough to dissuade bots from ruining the forum on the new site.

http://beta.japaneseclass.jp:3000

However it doesn't have email confirmation, so I hope this is going to be enough... Email confirmation would probably be a good idea, at least maybe should be added for giving people forum posting privileges, like - 'Sorry, you cannot post in this forum until you activate your account in your confirmation email.' - something like that?
  • nashimo
    nashimo
    yeah, but don't forget about those "use and throw" emails. there are some websites that provide such services for free without subscription.... so JCJP must make a list of such websites first.
  • easizsgxr
    easizsgxr
    <a >canada goose jackets</a> Whether shooting night film footage of docks by the seaside, or traveling around on a paranormal investigation, this light will become your best friend. Both security cameras and video cameras benefit from this product. There is a note with the Phantom Lite: Humans cannot see infrared light, making the only image you can view a faint red light while looking at the lighting system.

<a >canada goose outlet</a> Pamela Ronald, since you have been involved in generating a rice variety that is flood resistant, is it possible for you to supply us with seeds. I would like to acquire at least two (2) 50 lb bags of rice seeds, which I can send to my kin folks, who are still in the business of planting rice. Please advise me where I can pick up these flood resistant rice variety.

<a >canada goose jackets</a> Consolidated gross margin for the quarter was 37.2% as compared to 36.1% in last year's Q2 with strong inventory management driving improvement in both the wholesale and retail segments. Wholesale gross margin increased to 32.1% versus 31.6% in last year's Q2 due primarily to improvement in the Steve Madden Women's Wholesale Footwear Division. Gross margin in the Retail Division was 64.7%, up from 63.7% in Q2 2012 due to fewer markdowns, particularly in the sandal category..

<a >canada goose outlet</a> If the cabinet has doors, leave them open or remove them altogether. Its one reason I use 5 shelf bookcases. They hold a lot, are easy to stack, and they are open faced so heat disappates rapidly.
souljabri557