Available on Google PlayApp Store

Confused Right Out Of The Gate

I found this site and was excited at first because I'm learning Japanese and love lessons & testing because that's how we get better. However on my first day they gave me Kanji and a vast array of other things, phrases, and other things I had no idea what they were. I know a handful of Kanji and can read Hiragana as well as Katana however I don't know what they say slammed together in long sentences. How do I get 1 or two words at a time and without Kanji because although that's where I'd love to be in my learning SOMEDAY right now I'm in Kindergarten as it were lol! You know A is for apple. Can anyone help me?
posted by Snotori

Comments 5

• mog86uk
    mog86uk
    The vocabulary lessons should be okay for you, right? Is it just when doing 'Practice' that you are having trouble with the kanji?

Practice has three question types:
    ~ 'Kanji' -- Question = kanji word → hiragana
    ~ 'Vocabulary' -- Question = English word → Japanese translation.
    ~ 'Reverse Vocabulary' = Japanese word → English translation.

If you click the 'Settings' button on the Practice page, this menu lets you choose which question types you want to be given. Just deselect the 'Kanji' question mode.

Vocabulary and Reverse Vocabulary should be fine, as it shows the hiragana for the word too. If you wanted to, you could also hide kanji in the answer choices, by deselecting 'Show Kanji', but doing this will probably just make it harder, not easier. Kanji isn't so bad, really! Ganbatte! ^^
  • Snotori
    Snotori
    I thought it might be that easy too and saw the setting with the deselect however when it went to the next question the Kanji were back so I figured I'd have to turn it off for each one however in the setting it said off. I'll try it again thanks for letting me know it's a simple thing and I actually want to learn Kanji but it's like learning to crawl before you can walk lol or something like that :P I'll let you know if I figure it out again thx!
  • Snotori
    Snotori
    Thankfully figured it out and am now rising in more points then I'm falling lol this is great fun and I'm learning a load thanks all and Japanese Class!
  • mog86uk
    mog86uk
    Nice. Glad it's going well and that you're having fun. ^^

I find this site fun too. I've used a lot of other Japanese learning sites, but this site is the one I've spent the most time at. It's nice and relaxed here. After a while here, I began to find it easy to chill out doing Practice while listening to music or even watching TV. This site has definitely helped me a lot with learning/remembering vocabulary and kanji. :)
  • Snotori
    Snotori
    I'm finding that as well. I've been to many and either it's not in the least bit helpful or you have to pay out the nose to get even the littlest bit of learning done. This site is really a God send :)
Snotori

Other Threads by Snotori