Lead somebody into, take somebode into
posted by JACKBOSMA December 7, 2015 at 8:07pm
- beeant December 7, 2015 at 8:37pmfixed! thank you for your report!
- JACKBOSMA December 13, 2015 at 12:09ambeeant, can we change "Vocabularies" to "Words and Phrases"?
- JACKBOSMA December 13, 2015 at 9:27pmThe English and Japanese vocabularies contain many similar words.
- fuonk December 13, 2015 at 2:16amOr to "Vocabulary", at least. :-)
"Vocabulary" is a group word. A single word cannot be a "vocabulary"; it is a "vocabulary word" or a "vocabulary item".
The vocabulary of a person is the group of all words that the person knows in a particular language.
The vocabulary of a text is the group of all words used in that text.
The vocabulary of a lesson is the group of all words taught in that lesson.
The word "vocabularies" can make sense in the right context, but it means several lists of words, not several individual words (and not a single list of words).
- JACKBOSMA December 13, 2015 at 9:22pmVocabularies would work, multiple lists of multiple words
- JACKBOSMA December 13, 2015 at 9:28pmmultiple lists, multiple words, two languages
- fuonk December 13, 2015 at 9:31pmIt is incorrect where it is used on the site, as the heading of the single vocabulary list for each lesson.
- JACKBOSMA December 13, 2015 at 9:31pmTwo languages is vocabularies.
- fuonk December 13, 2015 at 9:33pmPresumably that was part of why you wanted to change it in the first place; I was explaining the use of the word to beeantさん.