Available on Google PlayApp Store

Identify the kanji

I saw this in an anime and love the translation but would like to know how to say it in nihongo. It gives the hiragana for the last one so I know the first two must be simple but Im still so new to kanji so I was wondering if anyone recognized them. Also is the translation correct?
Identify the kanji
posted by Saiya

Comments 10

• baka8
    baka8
    Why do I feel like the japanese and the english don't match...? And it has yori, so I thought it was comparing the second concept as being more...yasushi than the first.
  • Medyrius
    Medyrius
    Right , baka-san no iu toori da...
    Yet, somehow I can't see the point of comparison between the two concepts.
    Besides, I kind of feel like the last adjective should be yasui rather than yasushi, which I can't find anywhere... Type mistake or rare form? I don't know.

案ずる(Anzuru)
    1: to be anxious or concerned about; to ponder (anxiously); to fear;
    2: to investigate; to consider; to plan

産む (Umu)
    to give birth; to deliver; to produce

The best translation I can think of would be something like : It's easier to make things than to imagine them...
    Pretty much sure it's not the right one though :(

• Saiya
    Saiya
    oh darn thats what i was worried about you can never trust fan subs really... this was a screen shot of it and thought wow that sounds beautiful.
  • Medyrius
    Medyrius
    That's true indeed... I experienced that once ^^

But I'm not so sure it's the case here, it may as well be an advanced translation, I seriouly doubt that but... Never know.
  • Saiya
    Saiya
    Maybe in this case its more of the translation keeping the original thought process in tact rather than being a word for word translation.
  • Medyrius
    Medyrius
    Right, the background of the anime may also imply it :s

Toriaezu, my word for word translation from english to nihongo would be :
    Nayami ha chiisana mono ni ookina hikage wo ataerareru mono de aru.
  • jennkei
    jennkei
    Ah, one of those Japanese proverbs..

From JDIC: 案ずるより産むが易し; 案ずるより生むが易し 【あんずるよりうむがやすし】 (exp) (id) it is easier to do something than worry about it; the anxiety that comes from doing nothing is worse than any danger you might face; fear overruns the danger; an attempt is sometimes easier than expected; it is easier to bear (a child) than to worry about it (anzuru yori umu ga yasushi)
  • baka8
    baka8
    I didn't know there was a yasushi; always thought easy was yasui.
  • Medyrius
    Medyrius
    Think so too... Happens often with japanese proverbs.. must be some kind of historic usage :?
  • baka8
    baka8
    Sou ja na...
Saiya