Available on Google PlayApp Store

Suggestion: Pictures during Test mode and any other?

I was thinking about it after a lot of testing myself and... would it not be awesome to have a picture associated with a Kanji/Phrase or any other meaning?
We could even have random pictures; anime, movie, tv series, artistic and other various associations so people who prefer particular things do not find the picture(s) annoying or break them out of "study" mode.
Of course this should be an option but entirely up to the webmaster.

Seeing as how there are plenty of users, I would imagine people wish to begin uploading pictures associated with the proper content... and the Japanese people on here would probably correct anything not "proper" or what-have-you.

My idea is a medium thumbnail above/below or left/right of the Kanji/Phrase in particular with sounds and other things too.
Heck, even video with proper pronunciation.

Example:

Let's say I pick the first Kanji test on level 1, the first Kanji I see has a picture wherever it may be associated with it... such as "neko" and a picture of a cat associated with it.

Anyone who has used Rosetta Stone should be VERY familiar with that concept, good idea anyone?
posted by JanetMerai

Comments 6

• Stray_Mongrel
    Stray_Mongrel
    I currently use the Kanji as my "Picture Clue". I have had alot of success using this method. I like this idea, but there would have to be a setting to toggle the picture clue on and off, to increase the challenge of remembering the meaning of a word.
  • JanetMerai
    JanetMerai
    I like that option too, of having it toggled on or off :3
  • beeant
    beeant
    I was thinking about this also.

I really want to implement this, but there are some limitations to this...

1. the computer screen is sometimes too small to fit everything,

2. I have to get a good server to load and process more data everytime you answer question.
    Right now, you can notice that there are some loading time to process the answer of each question. If I implement this feature, it means the code has to load more data than only question data, it has to load the data from the kanji and dictionary database too. So I need a better server to keep the loading time reasonable.

I am planning to include related Kanji, sentence, pictures, sound.

I will definitely implement this once I can afford a better server.

Thank You,
    bn
  • JanetMerai
    JanetMerai
    Have you thought of using AdSense and American Ads?
    I understand that Japanese Ads can create revenue, but some Americans are not in Japan and might want American Ads.

Google Adsense may work, I used it several years ago and got $100.00 from it :3
  • beeant
    beeant
    Unfortunately I got blocked by Google Adsense, I accidentally clicked the ads by myself for about 1 - 10 times, I forgot.

Don't you get American ads as well? I thought the ads are selected automatically according to your IP address.

and I also thought that page impressions from US users would affect more on the revenue from the ads.

Thank You,
    bn
  • Stray_Mongrel
    Stray_Mongrel
    Every ad I get is from Japan. even though I am in the US. I don't know why, but the site still doesn't know my IP, and I even emailed the database company, and they told me my IP was in the list. My profile still says "unknown".

Which is odd, because if I remember correctly, when I first started here, it did show my location.
JanetMerai