Available on Google PlayApp Store

Practice and Chapter Test Algorithm

Hello JCJP users,

I would like to discuss and survey on Practice and Chapter Test System.

Recently I have updated the Note quiz question selection and scoring system.
http://jcjp.blog125.fc2.com/blog-entry-175.html

I am thinking to apply the same system to Practice and Chapter Test system.

To level up the user can choose to:
Leveling up by answering random questions from Practice
OR
Leveling up step by step by learning from lessons and completing Chapter Test
OR
BOTH

The question that has been answered in Practice would also affect the chapter test. So for example, if all chapter 1 vocabularies has been answered via Practice page, then the Chapter 1 Test would be automatically cleared (depending on the correct percentage, just like Note scoring system)

If I apply this system, the EXP point will have nothing to do with level, it will be a point to show user effort.

The benefit from this is that your learning progress will always moving forward. Of course you can always do Random Questions and watch your vocabulary status to reach high level of mastery.

Please tell me what do you think about this idea?

It is recommended to try to complete several Note Quizes to understand the system that I would like to apply.
I've tried, and I think it is pretty addicting.

Thank You,
bn
posted by beeant

Comments 4

• StonerPenguin
    StonerPenguin
    Yes! The notes are now super awesome!! I noticed it right away :D That's actually why I checked out the bulletin. I did some note practice this morning and thought "I wish the notes would do unknown words." because there were some words I had answered over 10 times and others that I hadn't come across yet. And just now I did some more note practice and was like "Wow, that's the most new words I've gotten in a row" then I knew you had updated the system ;) It's freakin' awesome! Thank you so much! I think this would be a good idea for the lessons too, but I don't know how long it takes to set up the code and everything... But if it's not too much of a hassle, go ahead!
  • beeant
    beeant
    Thanks for your prompt response StonerPenguin.

I am glad that you like the Note quiz update.

I am still waiting for other user's opinion.

For me, I would love to work on it, because it is so much better and maybe the system would be easier to understand.

It is simply about completing words not all about collecting EXP anymore.

However there is still a problem if I do this update. The problem is that JCJP holds a record of the current system's chapter test results. These results would mean nothing if I do this update. because the chapter test completion would be indicated by the completion of the words in the chapter. No more indicated by the completion of the chapter test itself.

Thank You,
    bn
  • suaracahaya
    suaracahaya
    I'm really new here and so I don't really understand what you guys are talking about, but... it seems like a great thing is coming on the way ;)

Probably finding this site is like, going to be a "breakthrough" in my almost-2-years-of-Japanese learning :)

Really, really, thanks a lot!

楽しみにしていますよ~
  • Ryumatori
    Ryumatori
    Well I would find that it would be beneficial to me personally, because by that way which you proposed, it would be less time consuming if you could level up both ways.

Hmmm...well I just had this idea right now, but if at all possible, you could implement a voting feature where users can vote on whether or not they like an idea or not. In that sense, you would get a general idea of where to go i.e, 435 users say "Yes" while 34 users say "No".
beeant