Available on Google PlayApp Store

Vocabulary Random Practice Modification

Hello,

I am thinking to modify the Random Practice for vocabulary.

I want to change it to be like:

when the user choose the wrong answer, the page will print out the meaning of the wrong answer directly on the side of the word. and the exp will be deducted by 4 (weak list will also take into account).

After the user choose the correct answer, then the page will be directed to the next page and tell the user that the answer was correct.

For example:

Dog

a.いぬ (user choose this third time) user is brought to next question
b.ねこ (user choose this second time) ねこ is cat exp -2 added to weak list
c.くま (user choose this first) くま is bear exp -2
d.うさぎ

What do you think about this idea?
Do you think it will make the Random Practice System to be better for learning?

Thank You,
JCJP Admin
posted by beeant

Comments 6

• Darknaviexe
    Darknaviexe
    One wrong answer placing the [vocabulary] into a weak list. That sounds good. Oddly enough, I got multiple answers wrong, but never an item in my weak list...
  • beeant
    beeant
    in the current system, you need to answer the same question more than once to be added to your weak list.

but after the vocabulary is added to the weak list, the program will set a bias on that vocabulary, meaning that there is a high possibility for the newly added vocabulary to appear on the next question, or the next next question and so on. if you answer it right, then the vocabulary will be removed from the weak list.
    the problem is, because of this, your weak list will be empty most of the time as you will remove it from the weak list in the next question.
    but the good thing is, the program in jcjp practice will make you learn that vocabulary.

so with this new modification, I am thinking that, from one vocabulary question, you can learn more than one vocabulary.
    for example:

Dog

a.いぬ (user choose this third time) user is brought to next question <<--- you learn what is いぬ
    b.ねこ (user choose this second time) ねこ is cat exp -2 added to weak list <<--- you learn what is ねこ
    c.くま (user choose this first) くま is bear exp -2 <<---- you learn what is くま
    d.うさぎ

in this scenario, you can learn 3 vocabularies in just one vocabulary question. however, you lose more EXP and ruin your score.

also, as dog is added to the weak list, the program may ask the question (dog) again in the next or next next question to make sure that you learned that dog is いぬ.
  • ibun
    ibun
    what if you make it so:

Dog

a.いぬ (user choose this third time) user is brought to next question <<--- you learn what is いぬ
    b.ねこ (user choose this second time) ねこ is cat exp -4 (instead of 2) added to weak list <<--- you learn what is ねこ
    c.くま (user choose this first) くま is bear exp -2 <<---- you learn what is くま
    d.うさぎ

second wrong answer would hurt more.

how would it work with the multiplicator ? it will be reseted right? i think the multiplicator should be applied to the malus points to. say... you had 70 right answers so the multiplicator is at 7x first wrong - 14, second wrong - 28, and if the third one is right you gain 2 points and after teh second one 4 points. i hope it aint to much again...hurting the user points too much ^-^""
  • beeant
    beeant
    it is ready for test now,
    there are still more to improve.
    currently I am look for any input, feedback.

http://japaneseclass.jp/checktest.php?mode=vocabulary

• ibun
    ibun
    well it works for vacabulary like you said. but i still suggest answering a question should hurt a little bit. like 1st wrong -5, second wrong -10 (or -7), third wrong -15(-10), dont know how to arrange the points
  • beeant
    beeant
    I think incrementing the minus point is a good idea, but it is quite complicated to implement it now. I will re-considerate it again later after I see how this modification change the user usage.

Thank you for the idea!
beeant